• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Parallel sub mains in the Australian Electrician Advice forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kilogram

I currently have a shop which has 3 phase 6mm cable running to it but the shop is only allowed single phase, currently renovating and they need more than a 32a supply. Can I parallel 2 of the 6mm and upgrade the quicklag breaker to a 50a at the MSB and make it a 50a main switch at the shops sub board. Both are same length and ran in one orange circular. In AS3000 I cant fjnd anythjng other than me being able to ruth them in parallel as they are 4mm or above.

Running new sub mains is what I'm trying to avoid for the client

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Aico 3000
James

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
When you say you have a 3 phase cable, do you mean a 3 core cable?
If so, you have not got enough cores to run a parallel supply.

You would need to have 4 or possibly 5 cores.
2 cores parallel for live
2 cores parallel for neutral
Possibly 1 core for earth,

It may be possible to use a ground rod or other method of earthing but I am unsure about regulations in upside down land.

Get paid faster with card payments | Go Paper Free - Save Hours | Offer Finance to Customers

Reply to Parallel sub mains in the Australian Electrician Advice forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom