Discuss Part P scams in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I feel sorry for all you that pay for the scams, was talking to a head of LABC recently and he confirmed my thoughts. If you can produce qualifications proving your competence then most LABC will accept your certificates. As he said no electrician will be prosecuted for non notification if their install/work is fully compliant with the bs7671. Still carry on and keep paying!!!!!

Hi mate
and the alternative is paying LABC a large fee which when I asked my LABC was £190 per job and even though I had all quals inc 2391 , NVQ etc and even though I am qualified to carry out the work and complete certs they would still need to send a 3rd part I&T to check the work as its upto them whether they will accept your certificates and tests results or not

I feel sorry for all you that pay for the scams, was talking to a head of LABC recently and he confirmed my thoughts. If you can produce qualifications proving your competence then most LABC will accept your certificates. As he said no electrician will be prosecuted for non notification if their install/work is fully compliant with the bs7671. Still carry on and keep paying!!!!!

Sharpend this applies in Scotland its called "Certification by Enquiry" and some planning who have not been brainwashed prefer it because if you are a member of a scheme you put scheme number on the cert and thats it but By Enquiry you put a copy of the testers cal cert and a front and back copy of your SJIB card that lists your quals and the bonus is it has your picture on it .

Look at it this way say a guy uses his mates scheme number and something goes wrong "By Enquiry" is a full audit system ie to the customer was this the person who did the job type of thing and a cal cert for the tester. But using your mates scheme number could not happen could it ????? well lets just say thats why planning prefers "By Enquiry"

Plus they have to accept this under the European Free Trade Act if not it would be a cartel with the Schemes and descrimination to the individual

While I agree with some of your comments Oldtimer, the Insurance companies are beginning to ask for certification by recognised schemes (usually NIC because of misinformation, which is annoying) - so eventually the customer will be turned down by the insurance, if the certs are not from 'approved' schemes with their heading on the paperwork. This is becoming quite common especially with commercial and industrial insurers. so eventually you have to join a scam in order to get the work.

I do domestic repairs so the only thing I cannot do is an EICR on a HMO but a couple of landlords use me for repairs and PAT as they save money

Reply to Part P scams in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net