Discuss Photography Flash lights in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Richard

Hi,

We're wiring a commercial premisis which will include a photography studio. The client wants 5 high level sockets (the rooms enormous!) switched indivdiually.

When we asked, he said they were for some sort of Flash lights, obviously photography related...and of course he didn't know what power.

Does anyone have expericence of these things? in your opinion, would a 20A radial suffice? Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

Most will max out at under 5 amps. I do a lot of Photography . The Bowens studio lights we use tend to be 400w each . never seen a 13 amp on a studio lamp.

I've worked in a couple of studio's and most often I install designated circuit with 5amp sockets for stuff like this, so what you have planned should be more than adequate.

Most will max out at under 5 amps. I do a lot of Photography . The Bowens studio lights we use tend to be 400w each . never seen a 13 amp on a studio lamp.

We suggested 5A sockets, but he specifically wants 13A sockets, which is what is making us think!

is he wanting them switched Individualy from a centrat point? or under each socket?

He's very specific that they're switched from a central point.

I'm going to have to get him to be more specific I think. I'v seen some lamps on the net just now that are 1KW :|!!

Reply to Photography Flash lights in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Looking for some advice on what I've discovered is the electrics situation in my rental property. I'll note that before I moved in here I made...
Replies
Views
I've been self employed for 4 years and have just had my second ever experience of a bad customer, where I've walked. Rewire of a 2 bed bungalow...
Replies
Views
I had a cold callout today that i should share as you all will at sometime come across but even with all the info things can go in strange...
Replies
Views
Kiers1970
K
J
Hi Guys I've been asked by a neighbour to wire his new recording studio. He is operating out of his garage at the moment and is complaining...
Replies
Views
chrishaworth
C

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock