Discuss Protection against electric shock to off grid enclosure in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tomwaits

Hi, New to site so forgive any clumsiness. I have a problem and I wonder if anyone can help. Basically I am bringing in AC Voltage from a wind turbine into a steel container. The container houses the inverter, batteries and a 230v AC Installation - lights and sockets as well as an external supply to the end user.
My querey is how do I afford safety against electric shock to persons within the container, (container is 6m x 4m x2.5m. This is totally off grid.
Do I tie down neutral and introduce RCD protection. If so what if the inverter desides to switch poles. Do I just put on MCB Units and ignore any earthing to the steel container.And what about the 48v battery system. Any ideas

Install an earth electrode and connect to frame of enclosure.

Is the earth spike to dissapate stray current/voltage. This is being placed on a mountain top and is completly unconnected to any grid system

Reply to Protection against electric shock to off grid enclosure in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, Looking for help here as I've come across a strange call-out today. Bare with me here: Got a call from a customer saying they had...
Replies
Views
Hello All Can I say to start with I am not an electrician but used to be a heating engineer (yes I can hear the groans). I have wired the...
Replies
Views
So despite living working in a country blessed with 300 days of sunshine I have not got my head around this solar thing, there is very few...
Replies
Views
Let me say from the off that although I'm electrically competent I'll be getting a professional in to do the work. I just like to know the answers...
Replies
Views
Hi, I opened the electrical panel of my house because I need to connect my solar inverter to the panel and got served a spaghetti of an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock