Discuss Question - British Gas engineer says there is a fault ? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

BG's aggressive,sales driven policy of condemning,fault-free installations,is something i have described,many times,over the last 10 years.
I fully expect it to be the PPI job,of the future.

All that would take,would be a list of people,who believe they were wrongly sold,over-priced and un-required services,and one or more ex-employees,at higher level,to confirm this,as a policy :)

I remember a British Gas engineer telling the tenant her rcd was faulty.
He had carried out a zs test inside the boiler but every time he tried to do the test the rcd would trip.
He must have never heard of a low current zs test.........

I am not sure what type of bird it was...but it's bill was massive :):)

(Which is only funny,if you are not a pensioner,with limited means,who was scare mongered into parting with six grand,for utterly bogus work...)

Priceless. :) :)

I am not sure what type of bird it was...but it's bill was massive :):)

(Which is only funny,if you are not a pensioner,with limited means,who was scare mongered into parting with six grand,for utterly bogus work...)
That is bad..... I got quoted £3k for a replacement boiler on a rental by BG when they phoned me up and I told them I had someone doing it for £1400 all I go was an, oh!

What is a "gas engineer" doing poking around an electrical installation when he is there just to service the boiler? Not being qualified (at his own admission) to make sound judgement on the state of the installation, if he had some concerns then he should have recommended that an electrician was to take a look.
There is such a big fuss about anybody touching a boiler other than a "gas engineer" yet they are free to poke about doing tests on the electrics they possibly don't understand!
Sarah, take the advice of the good folk who have posted thus far and don't get scare mongered into anything. It is good practice to get the electrical installation checked out if you have any concerns. But for peace of mind, hire the services of an experienced professional who knows what they are doing.

A couple of years ago I was doing some work in a property when Mr BG turned up to service the boiler ... the "engineer" spent more time trying to persuade the customer to get a new fuseboard (she had a 16th type) than he did updating her on the state of the boiler......

After he left I asked what she thought about his "electrics" sales pitch - "ignore it" was her reply!

Why would you get BG to do anything in your house, be it gas or electric??
It would be a bit like asking Michael Jackson to babysit your kids....

(Branching out ,Power flushes ,New boiler , rewires ,what next ?)

Maybe they will go into therapy. If you are feeling down you can go to them for a chat... See how many people they will section....

Reply to Question - British Gas engineer says there is a fault ? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net