Discuss Replacement of an x shaped convection heater element. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

JohnHa

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a princess 1500w smart glass panel heater which only chucks out half the heat it should. I've checked the thermal fuse with a multimeter and it seems fine but the element has twice the resistance I think it should have and therefore only kicking out half the power. It has a high and a low setting but never gets beyond 750w. Everything else seems fine.

The element is an aluminium x-shaped, which I can't source anywhere. Would anyone know where I might get one (I live in the UK)?

A quick check online, the cheapest I found one of these heaters was ÂŁ80. If you could find a spare element, which don't seem to be available, you might find you don't get much change from ÂŁ80, spare parts are almost always very overpriced, and that is not including fitting. In summary, you probably just need to replace the heater.

A quick check online, the cheapest I found one of these heaters was ÂŁ80. If you could find a spare element, which don't seem to be available, you might find you don't get much change from ÂŁ80, spare parts are almost always very overpriced, and that is not including fitting. In summary, you probably just need to replace the heater.
Thanks, I think you are probably right. I’ll have to get another heater. I was hoping it was going to have two thermal fuses and one had blown, which would have made it a much cheaper repair. Seems a shame to scrap it.
Thanks again for responding.

Reactions: DPG

Reply to Replacement of an x shaped convection heater element. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net