Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Rico Display screen in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ian81

Hi, im fitting a Rico display screen on an install on a visitors centre, were using a Sunnyboy Sb4000 tl, however its asking us for a RS 485. What is this??? Has anyone ever fitted one of these and can anyone help please, thanks in advance.

RS485 is just a communications protocol. You will find a wiki entry on it. You can get an additional card for the 4000TL that is a RS485 interface. However it might be cheaper to go for a different inverter which has RS485 built in. For instance the Power One Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD has a RS485 interface as standard.
Regards
Bruce

Thanks do you know if the RS485 Is wireless or is it hard wired?? this is very new to me, im more used to domestic installs and installing a sunny beam or bluetooth to a computer!!!!

Hi, im fitting a Rico display screen on an install on a visitors centre, were using a Sunnyboy Sb4000 tl, however its asking us for a RS 485. What is this??? Has anyone ever fitted one of these and can anyone help please, thanks in advance.

Hi this seems like a bit of kit we could use in our Community Hall. We have a SMA Tripower with bluetooth. Is there much involved in connecting up a Rico Screen
TIA
A4l

Reply to Rico Display screen in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Interested in the groups interpretation of BS7671 with regards to the used of SY & YY cables. We have a commercial installation where we...
Replies
Views
An Invitation to Retired Electricians anywhere except the UK with Four Days a Month for a Niche Opportunity That Can Earn 15K a Year. There are...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, could someone help with the following please? The scenario is: Domestic property supplied via three phase (with a 3P main DB, NO SPD)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to install wall lights such as these ones (LAP Bronx Outdoor Up & Down Wall Light Black - Screwfix -...
Replies
Views
Help please, this is my first post on this subject regarding solar panel / battery installation into house with 3 phase supply. I am a DIY level...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock