Discuss SJIB approved ACA test. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Can anyone shed anymore light on the risk assesment part of the aca. Seems easy enuf but how over the top can you go and has anyone had the job stated in a few posts above. It says that if you have a job card stating ( the job is in a house and theres a child and mother in, say it needs to be arranged that the mother and child are out when the work gets carried out. )

Basic rules for risk assessment(even though you'd act different in real life), absolutely no live working, any mention of the power not being able to be switch off, you simply say, job cant be done and should be arranged for when the power can be turned off. As for the rest, just go way over the top, use all correct PPE, use correct tools, corden off area being worked at, set up appropriate lighting, blah blah blah, think i explained in more detail in earlier posts, as for the mother and kid, job should be arranged when they are not there......depends how its worded, just common sense really. basically be over the top and the most safety minded guy ever. Good luck with it and read over the earlier posts i did.

Thanks stevo. i have my resit soon as i failed parts 1 and 2 at tail end of last year! But the first hour of the test was a complete blank nerves got the better of me! Just dont want to mess it up again. As for safe isolation this is easy but i put the key on the desk several times and also forgot to post warning notices.

aye, they basically want you to fail yer 1st time, total money scam. yeh, if ye read ma earlier post, i did the same thing, pitty ye never seen this before yer 1st test. only time i put the key in my pocket was when i went away from the both to lock it off out of site, every other time, you wud hav had to climb over a desk in front of me, pick the key up and unlock the breaker in front of me....load of pish.

Thing is i did see this before my first test. But as soon as i got into test center my mind just blanked! Kept telling myself to remember to put key in pock aswel!

Glad marc_v33 put me back onto this thread, got my test next Thursday! Failed my first FICA test at Cambuslang by running out of time, hope it I'm a better spark now :tounge_smile:...

I've got my ACA test tomorrow. For the IR test on a 3 phase DB do you have to join the three phases together to test the full system or just do a phase at a time? In GN 3 it says;
"Three Phase - Test to earth from all live conductors (including the neutral) connected together"
Seems like it would be easier to test them separately just not sure if there's a reason for it?

I have the aca in 2 weeks and im bricking myself. Can anyone tell me if the testing is all in domestic booth as i think i will struggle big time with industrial and the other one. Also fault finding , Is it all on dead circuits and do we need to do safe isolation procedure first

Failed 2 parts, safe isolation and inspection & testing. I remember not putting a do not switch off label on the domestic cu. Not sure why I failed the inspection and testing though. I'll be booking a resit as soon as, although it's costing me ÂŁ135 for the pleasure!!

How was the inspecting and testing mate. Was it all on domestic or do u do testing on industrial stuff as well. Least its just the 2 parts u have only to do and not whole thing

You do a bit on each, industrial booth, commercial booth and domestic. Think it's just your luck what tests you do on which booths. There are soom good tips on this thread for the testing, like the plastic sheet for doing the Ze! I would recommend reading up on the testing so you don't have to look at the books too much...

Is it one test sheet for all the testing or is it different test sheets for each booth. Also fault finding do u need to go through the whole safe isolation procedure first before u start it.

im thinking of doin the a.c.a but is it worth it? they failed me when I done the fica for not putting the key in my pocket on the safe isolation like they done to the guy on this thread all they wanted was more ÂŁ and this is what worrys me doin the a.c.a are they just out to get more ÂŁ out of you?

Just passed my ACA test. Can I point out that when you applying to the SJIB to be re graded. Make sure you don't have to sit your ECS Health & Safety. It says that you are exempt for 5 years from your apprenticeship. My time was out 5 years February there. And you also need to have 6 months valid on it.

Just a heads up, as this will set me back roughly a month by the time I get a date in the near future, and THEN wait 2-3 weeks for the result. Then I can apply for re grading.

Reply to SJIB approved ACA test. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net