Discuss Solar AC side in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

karmannmann

I am doing a solar install and on the ac side i have a 20 amp triple pole isolator with no diagram in the box, i have L1 L2 L3 at the top of the rotary switch and T1 T2 T3 on the bottom and earth terminals either side can someone tell me where the lives and the neutrals go ?

You'll need to enlist the help of an electrician to connect and certify the installation. The isolator you describe is designed as a three phase isolator. If you incorrectly connect neutrals to it you will damage it (and possibly yourself) beyond repair.

Aye, it is a requirement from the DTI PhotoVolatic in buildings doc (section 2.3.2) that the Line & Neutral be switched.

I had the same quandry with a Kraus and Naimer 20A switch which was defo for single phase but had 3 connections and an Earth. The K&N wiring diagram just showed that L1 goes to T1, L2 to T2 etc. I figured it didn't matter as long as it was consistent (we had two AC isolators).

Lol, I think he's talking about using a 3-pole isolator for a single phase supply.........I hope.

This thread was from three years ago.

In all fairness, Paul, no one installing electrical equipment should need to come on to a forum to ask such a basic question. Electricity is dangerous and training is absolutely vital.

Why are there so many people on here that make comments like this if someone is doing an unusual job for the first time and needs a bit of advice. It comes across as really arrogant my friend

gordon bennet. if someone don't know how to connect a simple isolator, electrical work is not for them.

Reply to Solar AC side in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net