Discuss Solar Business in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin

I have no problems sharing with other in the know and I generally do this off the forums, there has been many a debate at the likes of the ECO build exhibitor drinks, I remember one debate went pearshaped, but, like on this forum there is an exchange of ideas and a lot of banter. There is many cases where I have helped other companies and they have helped me. However, that is trust gained.

As competitors we do not growl and snear at each other, I will support anybody with schematics, designs and reasons for those designs off forum I have already proved I am willing to share opinion agreeable or otherwise. Someone learning will be able to take on board those comments and comments of others to make their own judgements.

Where I draw the line as I have seen it so many times is when people ask you to teach them all you know and then go right against you, there is many times I have given sound advice on large scale projects and the installer has taken that advice and gone else where for product (elswhere was not able to advise).

Many people on these forums are just trying to learn and enhance their Solar knowledge for many reasons.
I gain from other peoples knowledge and I go out of my way to help others.
Some people float around the forums, take knowledge from other people and then never give anything back.
These type of people will always be like that, regardless.
The more people that understand, embrace and install Solar PV technology, the better.
If people dont want to share their knowledge on these forums, they dont have to.

Vegelen

I have exchanged views with moggy because I know which company he works with, I have exchanged views with solar city because I know which company he works with, I have exchanged views with Silbert for the same reasons, of which I hope have been constructive, do you see the pattern on which I work??

Links to websites or information on who you are goes a long way, as for those who have installations carried out on their homes I will try to assist all day long and they do not have to tell me who they are, for that matter nor do you, its an open forum, if you are in the trade then be proud of it and tell us who you are in the form of a signature, an avatar or something.

Nobody said you also have to be a quick confident roofer, not just a spark!
Think of a job in building services HVAC, thats possibly a more stable career. A basic spark is poorly paid and this is a job for basic electrical installation.
Solar PV was a gold rush and as will all gold rushes they gradually come to an end :-(

Reply to Solar Business in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net