Discuss Spur socket in bathroom in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Of course it is perhaps worth noting that the work described here is of course notifiable work to the local authority building control.

If my memory serves me correct there was an item in the news last year where a chap had installed something similar himself in his bathroom and while he was out his wife and son were in the bathroom using the bath and someone had pluged in an electric heater into the socket and it fell into the bath killing them both.

Of course it is perhaps worth noting that the work described here is of course notifiable work to the local authority building control.

If my memory serves me correct there was an item in the news last year where a chap had installed something similar himself in his bathroom and while he was out his wife and son were in the bathroom using the bath and someone had pluged in an electric heater into the socket and it fell into the bath killing them both.
Not that I'm aware of.
There was the case where bath taps became live due to a faulty cable to a heater, in a holiday let, and a woman died. In Cornwall or Devon I believe.

3 meters from the edge of the bath would be well outside our bathroom on the landing.. LOL

3 meters from the edge of my bath would be anywhere between infinity and beyond
I only have a shower
icon7.png

Reply to Spur socket in bathroom in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
I wonder if any one can give me some advice. I live in a fairly new build house it's 11 years old. In our kitchen there is a fused spur switch on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Need advise on something. I have seen a diagrem somewhere showing that we cant have any electrical socket near the washbasin/tub etc...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a house. I am rewiring myself. I am getting an electrician to install a new consumer unit & test all my work. I'm looking...
Replies
Views
Hello, a friend has asked about fitting an electrically heated towel rail in their bathroom. The location is on the wall opposite the bath in a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock