Discuss Switching ideas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Couldn't agree more, imagine if someone phoned the station master and said there's a thread running looking for a solution to sort your lighting out lol

Station master??? What is this 1950???

let me be clear. I am not and will never ask anyone on here to spec any job for me. This is just for switching ideas. As I am sure you all really know anyway.

Few issues here...from 6am to 8pm, there will be thousands of people using this corridor. So pirs are just a waste of money for the last 4 hours of service, until tube goes 24hours. CCTV requires minimal light for security/safety. If I remember correctly, there is a emergency lighting controller monitoring all light fittings, but its now obsolete (old Trident IAS). So problem is you can`t realy turn lighting off. Only suggest already given to LUL, is 50% dimming via pirs, during low passenger levels.

Few issues here...from 6am to 8pm, there will be thousands of people using this corridor. So pirs are just a waste of money for the last 4 hours of service, until tube goes 24hours. CCTV requires minimal light for security/safety. If I remember correctly, there is a emergency lighting controller monitoring all light fittings, but its now obsolete (old Trident IAS). So problem is you can`t realy turn lighting off. Only suggest already given to LUL, is 50% dimming via pirs, during low passenger levels.

we are doing the emergency lighting test in two weeks. Fancy joining me Tazz?

That was one hell of a learning curve for LUL...within months they started new procedures and new fire alarm equipment to prevent it ever happening again, and give the best possible early warning

That started with a smoke dropping in the oil trays under the escalators. Bloke with me only wanted to be a key holder to he could search the trays for money while he was making off piro ends.

The escalator problem should have been forseen imo.......wooden construction, oil dust, they have been cleaning the tracks every night for years, to prevent dust fires. They fit zoned copper heat trace cables on all escalators pits now, to give that vital early warning.

Reply to Switching ideas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net