Discuss TT or not TT. Need clarification in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

But I'm sure he intends connecting it all through a 13a FCU at the house end Pete which makes it fully compliant. As suggested though he could then go straight to the socket/s in the shed and use a SFCU with 3a fuse for the light so no need for a CU.
That's yoursuggestion Dave, which is a valid one, personally I don't think the OP will take your advice, one thing I don't agree with is the change of cable size, seems illogical to me, as your suggestion states to use a 13Amp spur at the house end, so why use the larger cable it's unnecessary, and goes to prove that although the OP claims to be qualified, in reality he needs to brush up on his decision making. There I've, said what I think, I'll say no more, as I think I will just be going around in circles.

Ah but nothing wrong with a bigger cable to minimise volt drop/reduce Zs and 'futureproof' Pete. And if I had a suitable length of 4 or even 6mm SWA 'in stock' when a similar job came up it would surely be put to good use. :)
Could be that, but I'm not sure, I'm not an optimist Mate, trust your reasoning though.

Is the existing ring final circuit rcd/rcbo protected if so what is the point of an RCD in the shed or an rcd spur?As you say you cant take the cable back to the consumer unit feeding the shed from a 13A switched fused spur and fusing down to 3A for the light seems ok but preference would be to be on own circuit.Pete can't see the problem with using a larger SWA.

Judging by what you have said I would just extend the PME earthing arrangement.

No extraneous metallic parts so no need to TT as I see it.

Ah but nothing wrong with a bigger cable to minimise volt drop/reduce Zs and 'futureproof' Pete. And if I had a suitable length of 4 or even 6mm SWA 'in stock' when a similar job came up it would surely be put to good use. :)
The "in stock" and futureproofing" is very accurate in my choice of cable. As was the volt drop consideration.

I suppose you are right Dave, nothing electrically wrong, butcould be just me being ----, now no jokes please.

It's like our shed Pete 20A C RCBO 2.5 T & E clipped to isolator switch through the wall to adaptable box 6.0mm SWA as it was left over (FREE) left over dado above the workbench each side (Free).

Sorry for delay in response guys! Was thinking of using an RCD FCU in house to feed concrete garage; so as to reduce risk of rcd knocking out circuits on CU RCD protected. Only feeding chest freezer(if we buy one); spurring off fir a led light and garden eqpt. As in lawnmower strimmer etc. Can anyone see any pitfalls in this set up?? Thanks for any advice !

Reply to TT or not TT. Need clarification in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net