Discuss Two main fuses in one flat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help.

we’re just about to complete on a first floor new build flat.
When we went for snagging we noticed at the bottom of the stairs behind the front door is going to be a cupboard which contains 4 x isolator switches (1 for our flat, 1 for downstairs and not sure on the other two) al the 100a main fuse for our flat and downstairs.

At the tip of the stairs is also all the AV which is powered off our ring main.

I go away for months at a time. what happen if any of this equipment needs to be accessed is I’m overseas. And is it acceptable for all this equipment to be located in my property?

Note-this is not located in a communal area…

Thanks

Can you show some pics other people's services should not be in your dwelling. Whom is the AV serving.

It used to be common for downstairs flats to have the fuse for upstairs, but not in a new build.
I wonder if this is just a link, and the actual fuse is in the neighbours flat. Or not, if you say there's a service isolator??

Possibly not done properly, against regulations, and may need rectified. But we can't say until seeing the photos.

Reply to Two main fuses in one flat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Hi, could anyone advise, this is the fuse box for the private rental flat above ours, its at the bottom of there stairs which is there only escape...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’d appreciate views on the fuse board. https://ibb.co/xj0BtZt It’s been completely rewired and I’m unhappy with the quality. I’ve...
Replies
Views
I'm having an extension built and the builder leading the project has said that the electrician will be over in about 4-6 weeks to start his works...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock