Discuss Veritas R8 alarm Control Panel Sound Problem in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

ok we need to do some tests to find the fault......leave all cables in, and with short piece of wire, bridge out terminals D & C and also short out tamper terminals.....replace cover, and that should get rid of tamper light, then repost you result, and we will go from there

Done that but tamper lights still on

ok if both are linked out, and the cover is on, and using code reset, has not turned tamper led off...........then the tamper spring on panel, is faulty, or kepad tamper spring......you need to check the tamper springs are operating when cover in put back on, may need stretching....At least we now know were the fault is. Don`t remove wire links, until switch is sorted.

ok if both are linked out, and the cover is on, and using code reset, has not turned tamper led off...........then the tamper spring on panel, is faulty, or kepad tamper spring......you need to check the tamper springs are operating when cover in put back on, may need stretching....At least we now know were the fault is. Don`t remove wire links, until switch is sorted.
sorted now. It was the tamper spring on the control panel. Stretched it a bit more now the tamper lights have gone off. I've managed to turn off the speaker as well. Thanks for all your help !

No problem...sorry it was long winded, but needed to id were the fault was, you can remove wire links now...and your done

After all that it was just the spring! Glad you have sorted it out.

Tazz I'll post up a thread with photo's later.

True, but had to go through it section at a time, otherwise would end up chasing tails, but full marks Paul, it was the tamper spring.

but full marks Paul, it was the tamper spring.

Well.... What was disturbed first and what result did it give via a fault light? LETS LOOK AT THAT FIRST. The rest is just alarm engineering and making things work lol.

I don't think it has that. This is what it looks like inside the control panel:
I have the same board and I also has a tamper fault which is due to the spring. The spring has completely come off, how can I secure it in place? I also purchased a jumper with pins to override the tamper in JP1 next to the tamper spring button but as soon as I let go after putting the pins in the alarm sounds, has to be inserted with some force for the tamper light to turn off but diesnt remain in place. Thank you

Attachments

• Tamper Spring.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 3

Reply to Veritas R8 alarm Control Panel Sound Problem in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net