Discuss Wall chaser recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
evening folks, looking for recommendations for a 240v wall chaser and extraction system.

id rather pay for quality to take the pain out of chasing and tidying up, ideally comment on chasers you actually use yourselves.

much appreciated Shane

If you are in this for the long haul and want to use it day in day out then Metabo

if it’s just for occasional usage I bought a second had sparky wall chaser and it’s ok for small jobs

If you are in this for the long haul and want to use it day in day out then Metabo

if it’s just for occasional usage I bought a second had sparky wall chaser and it’s ok for small jobs
no mate its long term, started on own 7 months ago so still buying start up gear. thanks for the recommendation

I think you can pick up a metabo for about 400£

shop around

Miles tool & Machinery Centre have MFE40 chaser for £344 ish delivered.

N&B Power tools have ASR 35M ACP extractor for £410 delivered.

Prices include VAT and are for 240V tools.

Miles tool & Machinery Centre have MFE40 chaser for £344 ish delivered.

N&B Power tools have ASR 35M ACP extractor for £410 delivered.

Prices include VAT and are for 240V tools.
Yup. Just bought the same kit. Make sure you get the triple blade, you don't even have to break out the middle of the channel. Check YouTube there are some good videos of it in action.

I have the MFE30 but that’s been replaced by the MFE40 now. I’d be going for that with the triple blade - which seems to have good reviews here.

A good dust extraction unit is just as important.

I have an old sparky twin disc attached to a Henry with electrical tape

been meaning to upgrade it for about 5 years but while it works can’t part with it

excellent ill get a look, thanks
As a few of the others have said, the metabo mfe40 is great. I cant compare it to others as I have only used this one. I use it with the triple blade Metabo MFE40 240V 240V 40mm 2x125mm Wall Chaser Kit - https://www.ffx.co.uk/product/Get/Metabo-Mfe40-240V-4061792154247-240V-40Mm-2X125Mm-Wall-Chaser-Kit.
The triple blade takes out the entire chase. Also, with the dust extraction attached it virtually all goes straight into the vacuum cleaner.

I use the nilfisk dust extractor from screwfix as the price was so much better. It works, although at times it get clogged up in the wall chaser. Takes seconds to unclog, but it does make me wonder if the more expensive metabo dust extractor would have been better.

I used the chaser once without the dust extractor attached just see see the difference. I won't be doing that again.

I pulled the trigger on the metabo mfe40 with the dust extractor a couple of weeks ago. Was umming and ahhing a bit because of the price but after the first use knew it was worth every penny. Did a couple of chases that would've taken the best part of an hour in a few minutes and there is literally no dust, that is if you remember to connect the nozzle to the chaser unlike I did the first time!

I use the nilfisk dust extractor from screwfix as the price was so much better. It works, although at times it get clogged up in the wall chaser. Takes seconds to unclog, but it does make me wonder if the more expensive metabo dust extractor would have been better.
Yes, that's one of the features of the Metabo dust extractor that helped me decide, as it vibrates the filters when they get clogged up.

There seems to be very limited stock of those metabo wall chasers at the moment. I got mine little while ago and can't wait to use it. Its just laying in the garage looking pretty for now.

I got it from Festool discounted at Powertool-Supplies - https://www.powertool-supplies.co.uk
but not showing up now. I've only paid £342 inc triple blade. If you not in rush may check their website from time to time.

I spent a few thousand over the christmas period on new tools and stuff. bought metabo chaser and dust vac.
Very happy with the metabo mfe40 and dust vac, it probably saved 2 days on a recent job with the amount of chasing that was involved. the triple blade is worth the ~£85-90 cost. Dont set the blade too deep as that slows it down, but at 25/30mm deep it is brilliant. makes life so much easier, will pay for itself in no time.

Reply to Wall chaser recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock