Discuss Wall chaser recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

got an apprentice with a hammer and chisel. no dust, just a load of profanity.

I spent a few thousand over the christmas period on new tools and stuff. bought metabo chaser and dust vac.
Very happy with the metabo mfe40 and dust vac, it probably saved 2 days on a recent job with the amount of chasing that was involved. the triple blade is worth the ~£85-90 cost. Dont set the blade too deep as that slows it down, but at 25/30mm deep it is brilliant. makes life so much easier, will pay for itself in no time.
I would try changing the depth setting to 20mm Gavin. I find capping or oval conduit fits in just fine. So far I haven't had any poking out at that depth. Worth giving it a go, best case is it takes a little more time off, worst case you just go back to 25-30mm if you're not happy with it.

bit the bullet and ordered the 230v package of extractor 35ltr and MFE40 chaser with the triple blade, £908 inclusive of VAT so I'm expecting it chases the walls whilst I have a brew!
The time and mess that it will save you on the first big rewire will pay for itself.

I can’t imagine doing rewires without one now ,

I have an Erbauer which is fine for the amount of chasing I do. I do much more commercial than domestic but it worked fine and use a Nilfisk for the dust extraction.

bit the bullet and ordered the 230v package of extractor 35ltr and MFE40 chaser with the triple blade, £908 inclusive of VAT so I'm expecting it chases the walls whilst I have a brew!
Try to remember to tell us how you get on with it, when you first use it. It's always good to have an update ?.

Also try not to think about the £900! ? Like Dusty said, it will be worth it after one or 2 rewires. You'll save time, make less mess, find it easier and not breath in as much horrible dust.

I would try changing the depth setting to 20mm Gavin. I find capping or oval conduit fits in just fine. So far I haven't had any poking out at that depth. Worth giving it a go, best case is it takes a little more time off, worst case you just go back to 25-30mm if you're not happy with it.
Will give that a go. I was running in a few lengths of round conduit in places as i had a stock to use up!! also used the chaser horizontally to sink some back boxes in on a kitchen rewire so couldn't be bothered to keep changing!
Its getting a lot of work next month as I have a 4 bed detached house to rewire....

Update on the wall chaser, used it heavily rewiring as 3 story house with walls like fire brick!
chases for switch cables kept at 20mm and sockets and oven + hob supplies 25mm depths. Was quite effortless tbh and the extractor is fantastic; one thing I found wasn't too sure about was the width for fixing capping. Had to trim sides of capping to make it fit, what advise would anyone give there?

Also client changed her mind reference plastering I bonded around sockets n chases but she advised to cancel plasterer as she was sorting. anyone had similar? doesn't sit comfortable with me if accessories aren't flush whilst client sorts a plasterer!

Reply to Wall chaser recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock