Discuss Accenta G4 - Replacing remote keypad. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My G4 system is presently fitted with an LED remote keypad. My wife does not find this user friendly so I have purchased a LCD remote keypad.

I have asked the original installer to do the replacement for me without success. I know he is employed on new-builds which take up most of his time.

I am a retired radar engineer so I think this job should be within my capabilities. I have the Operating Instructions, and the Engineers Manual but before I attempt the job I would like to ask if there is anything I should be aware of.

There is a key-operated switch alongside the main panel and a fuse immediately below the panel. Would I be correct in thinking that if I switch the key switch to the off position, remove the fuse and then remove the battery from inside the main panel no alarm will subsequently sound. I'm assuming the bell-box gets it's power from the control panel.

Is it then a case of taking the wires one-by-one from the LED RKP and fitting them in the new LCD RKP?

If by any chance the alarm should sound I should be able to cancel it by my user code. My biggest concern relates to the engineers access code. I do not know if the installer changed this from the default. Do I need to be concerned.

I will be most grateful for any advice you are able to impart.

Many thanks

Ken

whereabouts are you. a member with alarm experience should be close enough to you to help.

Dropping both power and battery will see you SAB activate (outside siren) off its own supply although as an engineer you are most capable to do the work but just lack experience with alarm systems ... a lot can go wrong here but check to see if you have a keypad PCB mounted fuse that would make the task easier.

Alternatively call in Alarm Engineer or change the Wife instead.

how i would do it would be to open the control panel, enter user code to silence alarm. locate rkp connections in panel and dis them, remembering what goes where. then replace rkp, connect at rkp first, then in panel. close up and reset.

Thanks for all the good advice guys. I chose not to replace the wife!!

Decided to bite the bullet whilst awaiting your responses not realising you guys would be so quick.
Anyway, coincidentally did it the way telectrix suggested. 10 mins job done. All OK.

However, perhaps I could ask for some info regarding the symbols on the RKP. I haven't been able to find identification of these symbols anywhere.

Alongside the 3 is a Bell Symbol
Alongside the 6 is a symbol I cannot even describe - something like an eyebrow!!
Alongside the 9 is a P - I assume this is Program
Bottom Row left is an up arrow and to the right of the 0 is a x and a tick.

Cheers

Ken

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/members/20093.html

OK Guys. I think I've got it sorted. Found a photo of an older version of the RKP on the internet.
The bell symbol is chime
The strange symbol is Omit
The P is Prog
the X is reset and the tick is Set.

I hope that's correct.

Thanks

Ken

sounds about right. try downloading a pdf of the user instructions.

Reply to Accenta G4 - Replacing remote keypad. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net