Discuss Advice on a large job please in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rosco22

Hi all
need some help on a large wiring job for a new build I am pricing up at the moment. Mainly about what supply to put in. It's about 30m run from the supply in a box at the end of the drive.
Its a 3 story 6 bedroom 6 bathroom two garages, games room, 2 utility, gym and large kitchen dining room and sitting area.
Going to put a single phase 16 way DB on each floor fed from a 3 phase incomer in the basement. (Which I need to install)
In total there is about 160 sockets, 300 LED down lights, 6 3P commando sockets, 2 hob supplies, 1 oven supply, 25 various spurs.
Any advice appreciated.

Sounds like a nice pad. Not a massive run so would look at putting in a 4 core 16mm or go with a 25mm start with a 3 phase board in basement then drop too single phase each floor splitting phase a floor should get away with 16mm 3core armoured to each floor depending heavy loads ie showers heaters etc

Yer it's gonna be a v nice place. I got some 35 4 core spare so might aswel put that in. With regards to speaking to the supplier do you think 100 amp supply will be adequate? Cheers

16mm 3 core to each floor, then maybe 25m 4 core to the service cut out, using the armour as earth will be cheaper than buying 5 core 25mm but it depends on budget.
hope this helps you.

Reply to Advice on a large job please in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, New to the forum, looking for some advice. I'm a fairly competent DIYer and have completed some other minor electrical stuff recently...
Replies
Views
I have an interesting job/project coming up - a heritage railway has a Mk3 Sleeper Railway Carriage which they intend to use for volunteer...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I am currently seeking work with a different company as my current employer is using me as cheap labour and I am learning nothing. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, we need some advice on our scenario with regards to our rewire plan. I will get this out of the way first... We are planning to put the house...
Replies
Views
Hi all, long time member but not many posts to my name. I would appreciate advice and opinions on a job I have been asked to do for a friend of a...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock