Discuss Another multimeter question. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

WallaceP

-
Arms
Reaction score
hey everyone,
I am looking for some advice, I am thinking of getting a new DMM for industrial work, mostly motors, digital io, not much analog. Currently my go to is the fluke 87v, but when it gets wet the alarm for the leads comes up, I have cleaned it out a few times and it is still a problem. I have tried taping over the A and mA ports but that didn't help much either. I am thinking something with similar accuracy with either just 2 ports (no current) or a unit that doesn't have this alarm in the leads are in incorrectly.
Any recommendations would be appreciated particular anything geared towards harsh environments. I have a fair budget but it will come from my own pocket so don't want to go too wild £££.(my other meters at the moment are all fluke, T5, 101(import), 87v and 289)

Thanks

Theres the rugged Fluke which is dust and waterproof and can stand a 2m drop. It's nearly £500, but worth it if it's in regular use.

Theres the rugged Fluke which is dust and waterproof and can stand a 2m drop. It's nearly £500, but worth it if it's in regular use.
I was just looking at that, I wonder how they deal with the problem i am having where it thinks a probe is connected into the wrong port.

Hi i got the 28ii,and it is awesome?

The ports have blanking grommets,for the two unused,ones.
Each port has a top and a bottom half-shell,which are "linked",when the lead jack plug,is inserted. This tells the device,where it is fitted.

You will certainly get problems,if these fill with water,as it would see this as another lead,having been fitted.

The 28ii,can literally be put in a washing machine?

I thoroighly recommend leaving the scratch-cards and crack,alone,and using the money for this investment????

Hi i got the 28ii,and it is awesome?

The ports have blanking grommets,for the two unused,ones.
Each port has a top and a bottom half-shell,which are "linked",when the lead jack plug,is inserted. This tells the device,where it is fitted.

You will certainly get problems,if these fill with water,as it would see this as another lead,having been fitted.

The 28ii,can literally be put in a washing machine?

I thoroighly recommend leaving the scratch-cards and crack,alone,and using the money for this investment????
Looks good definitely worth looking into. I tried to find the blanking grommets as a spare part before but couldn’t see them online

Yep,it is a cracking bit of kit....it has earned it's place in device hierachy,already?

The grommets come fitted,but like all fluke gear,they will be availabke,through the decent,established suppliers.

Yep,it is a cracking bit of kit....it has earned it's place in device hierachy,already?

The grommets come fitted,but like all fluke gear,they will be availabke,through the decent,established suppliers.
Yeah do you know what they are listed as I can’t find them anywhere

Yeah do you know what they are listed as I can’t find them anywhere

Hi,they are a bit tricky to find ;) they are listed by Fluke,as "Input Cap" and are on it's Fluke Store web page,as $4.99 for 10.

I would say you may have a bit of explaining to do,in describing them to a newby sales monkey,but there are other rubber bungs available,of the same dimensions.

If you get one,make sure you have a sit down,with a cup of tea,and read through it's many extra features,which are enabled,by holding one of the selector buttons,while switching on.

It has lots of features,i really like,but i think my all-time favourite,is just how brightly the buttons glow,in the dark :cool:

I didn't known about the Fluke 28-II but see its available from RS and at a better price from one of the forum sponsors (under £500) and now I want one!

Any UK source for the caps though? I see them listed on USA sites such as myflukestore.com and listed (but not stocked) by some of the big distributors like Digikey & Mouser, also inevitably on eBay, but nothing for UK stockist.

Edited to add: There is also a version of the 28-ii for explosive atmospheres but with a significant extra cost.

jeez. i paid a lot less tha that for my MFT. had it 6 years now.passed every calib. and yes. it's a megger. doed efli without error codes liek what flukes do.

Reply to Another multimeter question. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock