Discuss Anyone recomend suitable invertors in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

supersports

I have number of options on location of panels, I wish to maximise generation as there is a Koi pond that uses 1 KW per hour 24/7

Possible options are

10 m ground mount- thinking 12 Suntech 190 SSW facing 2280 Watts
Shed roof 5 off 190w panels maximum SSW facing 950 Watts
Shed roof option of 3 190w Panels West facing 570 Watts

Total 3800 Watts

alternative option reduce ground mount to 10 panels 1900 Watts
Shed roof with room for up to 6 off 190W panels West facing 1140 Watts

Total 3990 Watts

or keep ground mount at 12 panels 2280 Watts
Shed roof with room for up to 6 off 190W panels West facing 1140 Watts

Total 4370 Watts

Would it be possible to have an invertor configuration that can keep within DNO limits for the 4370 watts option

I Would be grateful for any advise

I have had a few people out to quote, but having taken into account different options people have advised, and information gathered from here, I have looked at the various suggestions and have come up with the above options, before I call out anyone else or re-visit existing quotes I was curious if the above are viable options, not wanting to waste surveyors time if it is not possible

Thanks

Darren

Options two and three look the best bet to me. Sounds like you will need two or three inverters, depending on how far away from each other the arrays are. The issue is undersizing the inverters enough to bring the potential AC current to below 16A.

The issue with the 4370 watts option is that you are now outside the 4kWp limit for the FITs. I am in the minority here that think that thinks that the combined power of the panels is what determines FITs level - which means that I'm probably wrong!

Options two and three look the best bet to me. Sounds like you will need two or three inverters, depending on how far away from each other the arrays are. The issue is undersizing the inverters enough to bring the potential AC current to below 16A.

Thanks BiggsSolar for advise,

The arrays are all quite close the SSW roof is 4m from ground mount running parrallel the west roof is 5m away from last panel on ground mount what invertors would you recomend something like 3000TL for SSW arrays and SB1200 for west would this cause issues if the extra two panels were added to ground mount as option 3 or can most invertors be altered to limit the combined current to 16A

To be honest, it would be impossible to say without visiting the site. It sounds feasible in principle but that doesn't mean that it is economical in practice. Get a good surveyor out and ask their opinion (don't get a salesman - you'll be wasting your time).

Reply to Anyone recomend suitable invertors in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net