Search the forum,

Discuss array earthing for sma1200 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

just fitted my first system for the mcs inspection and i'm not sure wether i need to bond the array frame. its on a bungalow and there's nothing nearby that can introduce earth potential and the panels are class 2. but im not sure about the inverter. the spec says LF transformer and galvanically isolated (not sure what this means). the incoming electric supply is tns. any advice would appreciated.

cheers

'Galvanically isolated' is effectively synomynous with 'electrically separated', that is a transformer with 2 layers of insulation I believe like a shaver socket. If you are trying to become accredited then presumably you have the DTI publication on PV design and installation. Go through the decision tree in there. A picture was posted on here in a different thread a few days ago. I believe the answer in your case will be leave floating.

Regards
Bruce

Reply to array earthing for sma1200 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I (well, the MCS installer) obtained approval under G59 back in 2015 for 11.5 kW of grid connection on a single phase. 12kW of panels into two 6kW...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Looking for help here as I've come across a strange call-out today. Bare with me here: Got a call from a customer saying they had...
Replies
Views
I'm new to this but stuck with an issue, so I'm looking for some help wherever possible. I have just completed a rewire, which I have a potential...
Replies
Views
Apologies in advance if I'm missing the obvious here or not referring to the correct section of 18th or the GN's. In honesty I think I'll get a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I am new to the forum so be nice! I used to install solar PV systems back when the tariffs were still good, and I've never had to go...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back