Discuss Aurora 3600 inverter giving "E013" Wrong input setting in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DomB

Chaps, I've just installed our first Power One Aurora 3600 inverter with two strings (7 & 8 Romag 235's). When I turn everything on the inverter gives an error code 013. The manual has this down as "Wrong input setting". I guess it thinks there should be 1 not 2 strings.

Have been looking around t'interweb but can't see where to change the config. Any help much appreciated!

Cheers

some inverters only have 1 mpp (maximum power point). could you not have connected all modules in series? other option might be to add 1 more module and parrallel the 2 strings.not sure if this is actually the fault but hope it helps.

Have you read the paper manual?

I may have it wrong - does your inverter have inputs for 3 strings visible? If so, from what I remember four of the inputs go to MPP1 and the other 2 go to MPP2. Just a thought, have you put both strings onto MPP1?

Thanks all. I got in touch with Power One who, fair play to them, were very responsive saying: "The Dual MPPT Aurora series units are usually factory set and shipped with a default setting to “Dual” mode. However, a small number of units may be defaulted to “Single “mode, and will require the following adjustments to be actioned."

They have a doc which then goes through how to change the mode. That's done through the Settings part of the menu. I couldn't get that to work on site but it turns you have to:

"1) Isolate the AC supply from the inverter (leaving DC supply connected), this will then generate a “Grid Fail”Alarm.
2) Press the ESC key on the LCD Screen, and from the activated menu, with the arrow keys choose “ SETTINGS” and confirm with the ENT key."

Thanks very much for all your responses, job closed!

DomB

Hi,

Just installed Aurora 3600 inverter with a dual string array got the same 013 error, found the inverter menu hard to break into but under settings there is a parameter to flip from single to dual inputs...

Wish I had read this first !!

Regards

Dave

Hi,

Just installed Aurora 3600 inverter with a dual string array got the same 013 error, found the inverter menu hard to break into but under settings there is a parameter to flip from single to dual inputs...

I have just installed my first aurora 3.6 outd which seems to be working ok. Could not get into the installer menu though - what is the default password?
Regards
Bruce

Hi - sounds like a call to Aurora may be required...

It dos mention in the manual I read that to reset some parameters it may be necessary to contact Aurora support !

Cheers

Dave

I have left that site now and as I said it was the first Aurora I had installed. It all seems to be working OK, but whereas on a sunny boy HF or TL you have immediate access to all the parameters and can check that it is set to G83 rather some other country's standard, I could not see how to do that with the Aurora. You have to trust it was set right by the manufacturer and as far as I can tell it does not say 'G83' in its start up sequence anywhere. I would be delighted to be told otherwise. My impression is that it does not seem as polished as the Sunny Boys, but I did not have time that day to try usb access to it from laptop and will not be going back for another week. I wanted to check that it was set to G83 because the electricity pricing that came up in the display was Euros! I know the wholesaler I use gets inverters in batches that might not originally have been destined for UK.
Regards
Bruce

Really good point Bruce...

The confirmation that G83 settings apply is important...

My first Aurora was a 4000 outdoor version and was easier to configure than the 3600 I installed this week (but that was 16 months ago!), it did actually fail with a burnt out string connector fault after 2 months but I re-terminated and it has been great since - peaking at a full 4KW with only a 3.6 kw array !

I fit 90% Sunny Boy's but I do believe the Aurora can be useful for tricky sites where an earlier switch on threshold can be useful and the remote display is a really nice bit of kit - but the power adaptor connector was really cheap and took several attempts to get it to fit right within the cradle..

I did use some Steca last year when that was all I could get and of 5 installed 3 failed with an A relay fault - swapped in 5 days under warranty but it turns out that I believe the fault was actually a software bug - not a real hardware fault ! still - don't use them any more..

Cheers

Dave

After much reading of the Aurora manual and online research, I got no place, so I called the installer. He came, removed front panel, flipped the DIP switch to it's other position, and all's well. I have 2 parallel strings, but the DIP sw was set for independent, not parallel strings.

Hello;

new here , i am in the states, I have an older Aurora inverter 3600watt for solar that I wish to configure for 1 array , that is put the two inputs into parralel mode, it is defaulting to two array mode or independent . It is older version and does not have internal dip switch to set this mode. The manual sates it must be done in SW, but offers no futher information. What/which software? And if SW is avaliaable how? Do I need a password? Any help much appreciated!!

Hi Dan,

I would recommend you call your local technical support office. The number for the support in The States is 877-261-1374. I hope they are able help you.

Chaps, I've just installed our first Power One Aurora 3600 inverter with two strings (7 & 8 Romag 235's). When I turn everything on the inverter gives an error code 013. The manual has this down as "Wrong input setting". I guess it thinks there should be 1 not 2 strings.

Have been looking around t'interweb but can't see where to change the config. Any help much appreciated!

Cheers
I have just installed a reconditioned unit. I am going to have East and West facing strings. I have only installed one string at present.
I switched on and got that error code. I disconnected AC and DC, removed cover and flipped jumper switch. Now it's perfect, will switch jumper back when I have other string up.

Reply to Aurora 3600 inverter giving "E013" Wrong input setting in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net