Discuss Become an electrician in 4 weeks - Feedback needed. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

It is a difficult one as I have spent 10 years in an office, done quite well for myself but want a change and am fortunate enough to be in a position where I can afford a change if you know what I mean.

well theres thousands of sparks who are not in that position,who dont want a change(yet) but are finding it harder to get decent jobs with decent pay because the likes of yourself are devaluing the industry by jumping on a bandwagon that isnt moving,willing to work for free rising to min' wage,if youve spent 10 yrs in an office thats your choice,some lads have spent 10 yrs on a site that was their choice too..sometimes the choice you made in life might not be the one you like later in life,but you made a choice like we all did,right or wrong stick with it..you made it,you cant float through life chopping and changing..

well theres thousands of sparks who are not in that position,who dont want a change(yet) but are finding it harder to get decent jobs with decent pay because the likes of yourself are devaluing the industry by jumping on a bandwagon that isnt moving,willing to work for free rising to min' wage,if youve spent 10 yrs in an office thats your choice,some lads have spent 10 yrs on a site that was their choice too..sometimes the choice you made in life might not be the one you like later in life,but you made a choice like we all did,right or wrong stick with it..you made it,you cant float through life chopping and changing..

Some of the replys on this subject make me laugh. Why can't someone change career if they feel like it? You shouldnt have to work in the same job/career for 40/50 years.

Granted if someone wants to become an electrician they should have to do it properly and a 4 week course isn't doing it properly, but noone is going to employ someone with just that on there cv.

But to say you made your choice when you was 16, stick with it is a bit silly.

Some of the replys on this subject make me laugh. Why can't someone change career if they feel like it? You shouldnt have to work in the same job/career for 40/50 years.

Granted if someone wants to become an electrician they should have to do it properly and a 4 week course isn't doing it properly, but noone is going to employ someone with just that on there cv.

But to say you made your choice when you was 16, stick with it is a bit silly.

not really b,its a trade one like others takes years to be good at never mind master,if youre stacking shelves one day then working on a production line the next thats the type of job id expect to move freely too and from,now if your stacking shelves one day and 5 weeks later your a spark,doesnt work does it..you can move freely between unskilled jobs every week if you wish,thats because its unskilled work and the rates reflect that,but being a spark is going down the same route imo..and thats the thing, spark jobs are being offered at shelf stacker rates...is that right?

I can see what you mean but if people wanna better themselves then fair play to them as long as they do it properly. I've said in a previous post where I stand. A friend I went to college with has made the switch and is now working as an electricians mate on £8 an hour. He won't be getting sparky rates for a good few years and thats reality.

These courses are sold to 'shelf stackers' as do this course and you'll earn 30k a year. Thats obviously not the case as you won't be an electrician until you do your graft for a few years and have the right papers..... rightly so.

I can see what you mean but if people wanna better themselves then fair play to them as long as they do it properly. I've said in a previous post where I stand. A friend I went to college with has made the switch and is now working as an electricians mate on £8 an hour. He won't be getting sparky rates for a good few years and thats reality.

These courses are sold to 'shelf stackers' as do this course and you'll earn 30k a year. Thats obviously not the case as you won't be an electrician until you do your graft for a few years and have the right papers..... rightly so.

agree mate,if you want to be a spark or whatever,do it the right way,if it takes 4 years it takes 4 years,not 5 weeks,the i have a family/house to pay for etc doesnt mean you can do it any quicker,if you have a family/house etc,stick with whats paying the bills..as being a spark in 5 weeks wont...

agree mate,if you want to be a spark or whatever,do it the right way,if it takes 4 years it takes 4 years,not 5 weeks,the i have a family/house to pay for etc doesnt mean you can do it any quicker,if you have a family/house etc,stick with whats paying the bills..as being a spark in 5 weeks wont...

Sort of ironic statement in these times

Electricians seem united on the statement,its a pity the schemes didn't have the same attitude at the onset of Part p

As it is the schemes opened the floodgates to all these training providers to get rich on claims we all recognise as wishful thinking, by registering anyone and anybody who may have minimal qualifications but fat wallets

I have feelings that pull in two directions with the short spark training

Firstly that people are gullible enough to accept what is mostly hype and tripe off these criminal training companies about their prospects.
Secondly I feel sorry for these same good people, who may be paying hard earned money, only to be conned when all they are doing is their best to get on in life

im going into dentistry,
pulling teeth--pulling cables is harder
drilling teeth--ive drilled and tapped 2mm holes,its just panel work
fillings--no different than making a pyro end
teeth brace--just metal ty-raps

i dont even need a 5 week course to be a dentist either..

anyone got toothache yet:shades_smile:

im going into dentistry,
pulling teeth--pulling cables is harder
drilling teeth--ive drilled and tapped 2mm holes,its just panel work
fillings--no different than making a pyro end
teeth brace--just metal ty-raps

i dont even need a 5 week course to be a dentist either..

anyone got toothache yet:shades_smile:

My toothache just got better.....

Reply to Become an electrician in 4 weeks - Feedback needed. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net