Discuss Broken Amica fridge freezer - repair or not? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

mrrossi

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all

My Amica fridge freezer has packed in just over the 2 year warranty date; typical. I'm also moving house very soon and will have a built in unit so don't actually need it - managed to source a battered second hand one for 50 quid to last me a few weeks.

My question is: is it worth trying to repair the Amica, to then sell it on?

Symptoms are: build up of liquid in the base of the fridge, suggested drain plug blocked but had used the tool provided... carried on with liquid building up for a few weeks and then one morning it made a loud clanking sound, like a fan was catching on something? Powered off for a moment, re-powered, and it was fine again... for a day. Then I noticed the freezer was starting to defrost. Within 24 hours both freezer and fridge no longer cooling and the fridge sounds quiet 95% of the time; occasionally it'll whir again as if it's trying to cool, but doesn't last long.

Any thoughts / suggestions welcome please.

Thanks
Ross

TL;DR
Fridge freezer is broken. Don't need it long term. Is it worth trying to fix, to sell?

Reply to Broken Amica fridge freezer - repair or not? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a question for you all, We recently moved, and the old house had the analog meter on it, the new place has 3 structures on the property.. a...
Replies
Views
my lights are dimming everytime an appliance turns on in my appartment and the shared area of the basement next to it. my fridge causes a moderate...
Replies
Views
S
Hi. I want to start to say that I've had this problem for some time now. I've given my car to more than one auto-electrician in an attempt to...
Replies
Views
L
Hi I have a fridge freezer that is playing up. Freezer below, fridge above. Symptoms: from start up freezer works fine. As soon as the fridge is...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, New to this Forum, I am not a sparky but am in need of advice because I am on a real real real low budget and seem to be getting one thing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock