Discuss Can anyine identify this electrical line type and load rated for? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spins49

DIY
Reaction score
attached image of a line i dug out to find feeding a 100Amp subpanel (25 years and no issues I'm told). I can't make it out and am hoping someone experienced might be able to identify it and confirm if it is indeed the right wire type to handle the load. It's a 100Amp main subpanel switch, with 80 Amps in switches on the board. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• 20200515_181152.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 32
attached image of a line i dug out to find feeding a 100Amp subpanel (25 years and no issues I'm told). I can't make it out and am hoping someone experienced might be able to identify it and confirm if it is indeed the right wire type to handle the load. It's a 100Amp main subpanel switch, with 80 Amps in switches on the board. Thanks for any help!
Spins49 it looks to me like # 10 which is only good for 30 amps

Reply to Can anyine identify this electrical line type and load rated for? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all We are hoping to upgrade our oven. We currently have a single integrated oven and a separate induction hob. Each has its own red switch...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have an outlet box in my house built in the 1920s that I am changing to a GFCI. The wiring is cloth wiring so I have a hot and a...
Replies
Views
Reaching out for some help/guidance and sanity check. Apologies in advance for the long post, but wanted to make sure it was clear. Thanks in...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post here. I have a little experience with most types of household wiring through a decade of DIY remodeling, and...
Replies
Views
Before I pay an electrician to come check my work, I thought it worth a post here. I don't want to pay the cost of a small car for a whole-house...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock