Discuss Can I use a 3 pin plug with this LED batten? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Stocky

-
Reaction score
Hi
I have seen a 4ft 36w LED Batten at Screwfix which looks ideal for my room where I need some temporary lighting.

The description says "Self-contained, budget LED batten. Supplied with 1.5m pre-terminated cable."
www.NoLinkingToThis/p/led-batten-36w-3200lm-4ft/2297r#product_additional_details_container

Can anyone tell me please if I can put a 3 pin plug on it so I can plug it into a socket - rather than hardwiring it to a spurred fuse which I think is what is advised.
Also, if I can do this, as the 1.5m cable may not reach the plug socket, could I use an extension lead rather than plug it into the socket directly?

Many thanks.

I don't see why not providing you fit a suitable fuse at the plug.

Electrically, its fine to put a plug on it with a suitable fuse... but I would be wary of using it as a "portable" light. Its designed for being fixed to a surface and not being moved about.
Get a sturdy LED work light with a handle if its going to be carried around.
Assuming this is what you meant? or is it going to be fixed, but only for a short time?

Electrically, its fine to put a plug on it with a suitable fuse... but I would be wary of using it as a "portable" light. Its designed for being fixed to a surface and not being moved about.
Get a sturdy LED work light with a handle if its going to be carried around.
Assuming this is what you meant? or is it going to be fixed, but only for a short time?

Thanks for the advice. I want it fixed but not to be a permanent fixture as I'm going to be changing things around.

Reply to Can I use a 3 pin plug with this LED batten? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net