Discuss Chasing conduit to a wall mounted TV and height regs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pedzblue

DIY
Reaction score
I've just recently had the shell of an extension built and will be doing most of the interior except for electrics and gas.

I'm planning to chase the walls for where I'll bed in the new conduit to the location of sockets etc before any plastering is done and know the regs on the minimum and maximum height of sockets and light switches - 450 to 1200mm.

Question is on how I can get round a socket being behind the wall mounted TV which will be located approximately 1500 to 1700mm from the floor and chased from the ceiling? Do the regs only cover 1200mm maximum height for new builds or does it also include newly built extensions?

TIA

There's nothing to stop you placing a socket for a specific purpose at any height you want.
Examples I regularly fit are TV sockets like yours, sockets just above fridge/freezers where there's no room for an accessible socket beside it, isolator switches outside bathrooms at door top height, etc.

the stipulated mounting heights applyonly to new build. in an extension you fit them wherever you want ( observing prescibed zones and installation reference methods).

Common sense should prevail. If a socket is needed near an appliance then it should be fitted near the appliance.

Reply to Chasing conduit to a wall mounted TV and height regs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. This is my first post on here so hopefully some of you will be able to suggest something other than my ideas. Worked as a spark for 19...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this question is not in the right section. As per title, I am considering a wall mounted tv in my kitchen. Whilst i have one in my...
Replies
Views
1200mm is the max socket outlet height in new build property so what's the score with putting a socket at a height where a wall mounted tv will be...
Replies
Views
It's been asked a thousand times I know, but nothing quite matches what I have to work with. Ok, it's a 1950's ish house, 2 bed terrace, so very...
Replies
Views
I am 1st fixing an extension and in one area there is no wall space (glass walls like a sun lounge) for any sockets although customer insists he...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock