Discuss Is surface mount cabling permitted? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Many moons ago we did "pyro" for garages usually. Been a long time since though, its not really that difficult terminating just laying neatly and clipping it well. It can be very slim and unobtrusive though.

If you're seriously considering an MICC installation then I'd be happy to quote for the job, I'm still working with this type of cable on a reasonably regular basis.

I've replaced some of the sockets with wooden outlets, but many of the ones used for lighting still haver the old round pins :)

Round pin sockets to BS546 are used for lighting circuits to clearly diffentiate them from power sockets which will be the square pin BS1363 sockets.
These sockets are still in regular use for lighting applications and are in no way 'banned' 'illegal' or 'against regs' as some people seem to think.

Vortigern: Well, I have to confess that while everything seems OK here, incidents that have happened regarding the sparky that put the CU in (Part P, 17th Ed. qual, etc) have made me doubt his work and I'd feel happier if it was all replaced so we can sleep well at night.
Did you receive a EIC from them? Would be interesting to see his results

I've kept everything we've taken out, even the old fusebox. there's probably no real value there, but I don't seem to be able to part with that kind of stuff. Would be great if I could reuse some of them for lighting...

aaaah, not seen/worked on MICC for 20 years.. admittedly, never in a domestic situation. Last time was a school fire alarm system... Dozens of cables, each stripped back 1m or more.
8am, clean work space... 5pm, ankle deep in white powder and copper spirals.

Would be nice to see a finished job in a period cottage.

Reply to Is surface mount cabling permitted? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net