Discuss creating your own paperwork in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

maffa ent

Morning all,

I'm bored, everyone's out and I'm catching up on some bits and bobs!

I've been toying with the idea of doing my own letterheads, invoices, job sheets etc, for a while. I want them to look professional, possibly use logos for NIC, Safe Trader etc, and of course text. I also want to use my existing letter head banner.

Any links to sites for advice for a computer literate (but not very) numpty?

The main problem seems to be scanning, then editing, my existing a4 letterhead?

Thanks in advance!

You will need to scan your existing letterhead in pdf format before you can do any editing/adding logos etc.
Try "Foxit" it's a great freeware reader and there are several free pdf editors available or you might find it easier once you've scanned into pdf to use Microsoft Office (word) and again, there are a couple of free pdf-word converters available. Just google.
Colin.

I use sliq invoicing it's got templates you can import to and generally bugger about with to your hearts content not dear worth a look, failing that google "copyright free images" for leccy looking stuff copy and paste it into blank doc I did one for my local paper ad the copy right free stuff can be played around with size wise etc whereas the other stuff is sometimes fixed
Pict

Last edited:
i tend to use open office, but i was under the impression that I'd have to but a pdf editing system?

I will now trail t'interweb and see how i go on!

thanks!

Open office is fine. You just need the free pdf software to scan to pdf and convert to .doc then edit it in open office.
Once you spend a few hours and a lot of hair pulling getting into it, you will be suprised what you can achieve.
Good luck.
Colin.

All the pictures you need can be found online - through Google.

Insert them into MSWord or MS Publisher and have a play with that.

What I do is use header and Footer for anything I want to print out with my letterhead - saves having to store paper which can get damaged/creased.

I tend to store completed documents as PDF, easy enough to email and if edited by the customer their electronic signature is placed on the file properties in case there's any legal comeback in the future.

Easy enough to create letterheads in Word or Open Office, most companies do it this way now as it's cheaper than buying in pre-printed stuff.

If you want a specific design it can be easy enough to create something with a programme such as Photoshop. Have done it quite a few times in the past with some good results.

If you want, you can send me a copy and I'll have a look.

Haha I'm an IT genius now!

I've - admittedly - stumbled through and have a newly compiled letterhead.

Might still use the old one though!

Thanks for your help

Use Online Accounting Software. Free Trial, Free Support | Xero Is really good for doing quotes and invoices and helps keep track of everything that goes in and out of your bank account.

I had Sliq invoices before that, but this software is much more advanced. It is very easy to use accounting software.

Morning all,

I'm bored, everyone's out and I'm catching up on some bits and bobs!
I've been toying with the idea of doing my own letterheads, invoices, job sheets etc, for a while. I want them to look professional, possibly use logos for NIC, Safe Trader etc, and of course text. I also want to use my existing letter head banner.

Any links to sites for advice for a computer literate (but not very) numpty?

The main problem seems to be scanning, then editing, my existing a4 letterhead?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to creating your own paperwork in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net