Discuss fixed wired doorbell is it worth it ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello there

question reguarding installing fixed wired doorbell.

i know the transformer is usally mounted next to the C.U.(within emclosure) or within C.U if din rail mounted and powered via a 6Amcb . is it possible to mount the transformer either in loft (bungalowe) or 1st floor, floor space (house) or on the wall and power via local lighting rose ? if possible does the transformer have to be accessable ?

the resaon i ask is sometimes the cu is not local to door push/door chime so it would be much easier for cable routing to
utilise a locallighting rose.

many thanks

read manufactures instructions, but personaly i dont think it matters, where you mount it... but as you say most ive seen are at cu

i usually try to encourage customer to have wireless system installed, works out cheaper when you consider the labour costs for a wired system. just trying to find a more cost effective method of install if customer insists on wired dorbell.

I have found them under the floor boards several times, but I would never put one there myself. Either by the CU or a fused switch spur on a handy circuit.

Reply to fixed wired doorbell is it worth it ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I would liked to install a Byron wired doorbell with built in chime and 8v transformer. I'm struggling to get power source. I have a...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a blink video doorbell and want to connect a 12v mechanical bell (pic attached below). I know Blink only allow 16v-24v AC transformers...
Replies
Views
I have a Ring Doorbell which has no Chime, but which is trickle charged via a wall-mounted BG DIN Rail transformer in a Hagar casing which diverts...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I have just purchased a Ring Video Doorbell Pro and want to install it as follows as below. For complete disclosure, I am not a...
Replies
Views
Hi. Here's some background info. I am located in the United States, and have had a Nest Hello video doorbell working perfectly for a couple of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock