• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss GU10 replacement LED units?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonycoysh

Just after some thoughts really: I want to replace the halogen GU10's in our kitchen downlighters with some LED lamps, I've been waiting for the halogen lamps to start popping and the 1st one popped tonight) I was after some thoughts and opinions from guys using them all the time as to what is the best brand / type.

Thanks

monkeyhanger

Regular EF Member
I've used quite a lot of kosnic 5W warm whites, they seem to be an ideal replacement.
I have had one problem though, where two way or intermediate switching with long cable runs is in place the LED lamps have flashed before (as people sometimes get when using low energy CFLs in landing lights where the lighting circuit has no earth). I was advised by my wholesaler to use a danlers 'resload' unit to overcome this problem, which did the job.

A

ACEELEC

TP24 sell a nice 2.5w or 3w GU10 replacement. We get ours from Neweys (norwich). They cost around the £6.00 mark so If you are selling them at £10.00 per unit the customer makes his money back against a 50W one after 1600 hrs. They have 2 year exchange warranty and give a fairly nice (not too blue rendering colour of warmish white). We stick them in utilitys and walkways / corridors / halls, etc
They are also selling for this month General electric 5W Led GU10's on offer at £9.99 at moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.