Discuss How much would you charge for first fix socket points. No materials in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You and only you know what you are happy to work for. Get a figure per day in your head then decide how much you can achieve in that time, add it all up and there is your price. My price might be more than yours or may be less but my price is my price. If everyone on here put their price on I'm sure they would all be different. Why did the guy reject your day rate?

You and only you know what you are happy to work for. Get a figure per day in your head then decide how much you can achieve in that time, add it all up and there is your price. My price might be more than yours or may be less but my price is my price. If everyone on here put their price on I'm sure they would all be different. Why did the guy reject your day rate?

Something to do with 5 boxes a day probably

So in one day you can chop in 5 boxes and pull in 5 or 6 cables?
Total output

Your right mate. Everybodys rate is different. This guy is nuts. He wanted me to work for 80 a day and 40 each for additional. I said thats a labourer wage. I gave my rate and then he said to give a quote cause electrician will be layed back on daily rate.

Hes having it on

Last edited by a moderator:
If he's getting other quotes and telling you that then put a bigger price in and ask him to ask the others why they are so cheap. I won't get involved with the Dutch auction brigade.

Customers always try o knock u down, give hem your price and tell them to find it cheaper elsewhere, your offering quality and that comes at a price

Customers always try o knock u down, give hem your price and tell them to find it cheaper elsewhere, your offering quality and that comes at a price

Thats right. Im offering quality. I gave my price today £1400. He said he is going to get another quote and then let me know if I got the job.

I would probably put £960 in for it.... 3 Days labour for 2 Men @ 160 per day. We usually say to customers on jobs where we are unsure how long it will take, that if it only takes 2 days for example we will knock a days labour off. And after the 1st day if we think we are going to get it done easily we will slow down a bit and drag the job out for 3 days. Its a dog eat dog world at the end of the day. If u dont make money from the job, somebody else will.

I would probably put £960 in for it.... 3 Days labour for 2 Men @ 160 per day. We usually say to customers on jobs where we are unsure how long it will take, that if it only takes 2 days for example we will knock a days labour off. And after the 1st day if we think we are going to get it done easily we will slow down a bit and drag the job out for 3 days. Its a dog eat dog world at the end of the day. If u dont make money from the job, somebody else will.
On the other hand if you do a good job quickly and charge accordingly the customer will probably give you more work.
Remember mate this is an open forum

On the other hand if you do a good job quickly and charge accordingly the customer will probably give you more work.
Remember mate this is an open forum

Thats true, i wasnt saying its what we do on every job. TBH we havent ever really over estimated a job yet.

No way 2 sparks can do that in 3 days. Its a big place. I guess you cant really quote without seeing the job.

Average price round our way is 50 per point, so I would half it and say £1325 but then I ain't seen the job, where abouts are you in the country

If it's a builder then he's probably off getting quotes so that he can do the work himself and know what he can get away with charging the client ;)

If you are going to entertain this kind of work then do not forget to have a contract drawn up and without fail, request your 30% deposit. If you get blown out on this then walk away as it is not worth chancing.

I look forward to hearing how you get on, good luck:thumbsup

Reply to How much would you charge for first fix socket points. No materials in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net