Discuss IWC Insurance - Any other cheaper companies? in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIT-PV

Regular EF Member
I am currently with IWA (Independent warranty association) to give insurance backed warranties on domestic installations. They require a minimum of 4 certificates to be purchased a month at £50 each, regardless if you have 4 jobs lined up or not...

With the way the market is going, is there another solution that doesn't have this fixed monthly cost attached?

Worcester

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
P

pww

Yes CPA only clobber you for a minimum of 2 per month at £60 each!

Worcester

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access

Worcester

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
When you're a limited company and QANW turn round and want personal guarantees from the Directors, that when my colleagues say "shop around". If you're giving a personal guarantee, then you are personally in a worse situation than the deal QANW offer to sole traders !!

JulianC

Solar Guru
When you're a limited company and QANW turn round and want personal guarantees from the Directors, that when my colleagues say "shop around". If you're giving a personal guarantee, then you are personally in a worse situation than the deal QANW offer to sole traders !!
That's the situation we found ourselves in. Told 'em to do one. They'll happily take your money and carry zero risk for the privilege. Parasites.

We are with IWA and set it up at one a month, on the basis it is far easier to add extras than reduce a surplus. Might be worth talking to them to see if they will knock you down to one a month?

saint

Regular EF Member
We told QANW to do one also when they wanted personal gtees. Completely defeats the point of being limited company. Try Cobra Ins Brokers' Ecosure product 01268 511 115. About £32 per install.

SolarRoofSols

Regular EF Member
Just spoken to QANW and and they confirmed that if the company has been trading for at least 2 years and passes their credit checks that the personal director guarantee is not required.

Thought I would put that out there for anyone who didn't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk