Discuss Max wind speed on roof? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fiardor

Hey guys can anyone clarify for me the safe working wind speeds for working on roof?

All i can find is 17mph but this is for roofers and scaffolders and not specific to PV.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance :tt1:

Fiardor

if you're worried, then it's probably too windy, and it's time to at least take a bit to assess the situation and decide if it's safe to carry on or not / if additional precautions are needed / if you're ok to do some jobs, but not others.

We'll happily work on the roof in higher winds than we'd risk actually moving panels about in as the panels act as sails, and I've no problem in pulling my team off the panel side of the work if it's too windy for it, but it'd be rare for it to be too windy to do anything at all on the roof with scaf below etc.

i've never farted on a roof, so i wouldn't know.

Reply to Max wind speed on roof? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a project I have been working on, that has me out of my depth with regard to my knowledge, as I am a very basic electronic hobbies...
Replies
Views
Hi again. Following my recent zero-Riso issue (unresolved) and also because my system has, in any case, been prone for a good while to the odd...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Thank you for your previous advice - it resulted in us replacing our precious Smeg range with a Hotpoint; however we now have a new issue...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry if this isn't in the right place but this is my first time using this forum. I'm also sorry if i make some mistakes but I'm new to this...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock