Discuss My fused test leads. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Toonlad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yesterday i was doing our companies niceic assessment, so prior to the visit im thinking new test leads.
So im all primed ready to go, hits the first site, whips all my gear i am ready to test.
1st test ZE... (usual practices----safe isolation , voltage indicator blah blah blah) About to conduct the test, places my probe on to my line.... no voltage.

Checks again voltage indicator,,, voltage present. Thinking to my self wtf this is friken great. Then i think check my probes, fine before i started but hey, you never know, blown fuse, not only blown but 500mA. AHHHHHHHH. Never thought of checking the rating of them straight out of the packet. Just plugged them in nulled my leads out, and thought yer the inspector will like these apples.

No wonder it kept takeing out with the test current. I had no 10A hrc handy either. Any way the nic guy was more than happy with me using my non fused leads.

Lesson learned end of lol...... All ended Good nic was more than happy.:)

Almost the same thing happened to me last year. I had my inspection at 9 o'clock on the Monday morning, and got my new leads out at 9 o'clock the night before and tried them and just got the trip message. Luckily, I had a sparky mate a couple of mile away who lent me his but I would have been in the poopoo otherwise!

Reply to My fused test leads. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey there, Sorry I’ve just joined up. I’m a qualified electrician/Electrical engineer. Recently sat my 2391-52. My question is I had a fault...
Replies
Views
I hear many views of people who believe that DPF's and CDPF's fitted to their vehicles are a problem and many people resort to removing them, or...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am undertaking a partial rewire of a house that a client is needing to do quite a bit of surgery on as tenant just left and what a mess...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have my first 'competent person' assessment in a couple of weeks and am starting to stress a bit! Problem I have is my GS38 leads...
Replies
Views
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock