• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss New outlet next to main panel (CU in UK) - to spur or use new breaker? in the Advice for Professional Canadian Electricians area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi guys

Probably easiest to understand from looking at the attached picture.

I'd like a new socket right next to the main panel in the basement [red box in photo].

It'll power my router, and maybe a battery charger for power tools, etc.

The closest socket is for the washer [blue box]. This isn't a GFCI socket atm (it's old). 15W.

Could someone please help me decide:

1) Put in a new 15W breaker, GFCI socket [red box] and run [yellow line].

2) Run [green line] as a spur to normal socket at [red box].

3) Upgrade [blue box] to GFCI socket and run spur [green line].

4) Something else...

Many thanks in advance for any input

Will

Attachments

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
Hi guys

Probably easiest to understand from looking at the attached picture.

I'd like a new socket right next to the main panel in the basement [red box in photo].

It'll power my router, and maybe a battery charger for power tools, etc.

The closest socket is for the washer [blue box]. This isn't a GFCI socket atm (it's old). 15W.

Could someone please help me decide:

1) Put in a new 15W breaker, GFCI socket [red box] and run [yellow line].

2) Run [green line] as a spur to normal socket at [red box].

3) Upgrade [blue box] to GFCI socket and run spur [green line].

4) Something else...

Many thanks in advance for any input

Will
Will it’s kind of hard to understand what you are talking about when you talk about boxes. The best I can understand you want to add one 120vac 15 amp receptacle and it does have to be a GFCI receptacle

DPG

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
Will it’s kind of hard to understand what you are talking about when you talk about boxes. The best I can understand you want to add one 120vac 15 amp receptacle and it does have to be a GFCI receptacle
MW, the boxes are the hand drawn ones on his diagram.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to New outlet next to main panel (CU in UK) - to spur or use new breaker? in the Advice for Professional Canadian Electricians area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom