Discuss NHBC want sockets at 450mm?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

New build house and I've put my switches at 1100 and sockets 550mm centers

NHBC said they want them at 450mm ans 1200 as part M, ive told him those are the minimums and max. they are insisting that they are right, are they ?

almost told him where to go but big boss was there so had to bite me tongue .

please tell me im right

lots of love
Granfortune

you are right - but the customer is always right too? ?

Attachments

• 36354FAA-1EED-43C7-A35E-78E162C15F24.png
    406.6 KB · Views: 32
Is the NHBC the customer - or is this just the opinion of some wannabe dictator?
You can't always tell where final floor height is going to be at the first fix stage, so it makes sense to increase the 450 a bit, and trim a little off the 1200.

Is always used to be 450 bottom and 1200 top , never had an issue with this

Nhbc do sometimes fabricate the odd rule thou in my experience

switches at 1100?? is the house the habitat of the 7 dwarfs?

SOCKET HEIGHTS I AGREE WITH BUT SWITCHES AT WAIST HEIGHT TO A DWARFNOT ONLY LOOKS CRAP,BUT TODDLERS CAN REACH THEM

a person in a wheelcair can reach to at least 4'6" as long as he/she has arms.

Reply to NHBC want sockets at 450mm?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, biting my tongue here! Have recently gone self employed in January, so cashflow is critical right now. I done some work for a lady...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry If I am posting in the wrong place, I am new. If you could take the time to read my post, I would appreciate it more than you know. I...
Replies
Views
Ok guys been asked help mate out but i think he has done his install wrong but as misplace my regs book cant find exact regulations he...
Replies
Views
Hello, Went out to visit a house last night and the owner admitted that the best description for her electrics was "Interesting" Anyways a local...
Replies
Views
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock