Discuss Oven on FCU? But what size fuse? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

What app 15 says regarding connecting cookers etc over 2kW to their own dedicated circuit is not a regulation it is a method of ensuring the requirements of reg 433.1.5 can be met. What is important however is reg 433.1 which states "every circuit shall be designed so that a small overload of a long duration is unlikely to occur". I would suggest that putting a 15A cooker on a 13A fuse contravenes this.

Yes, thinking about it the oven would get up to temperature, probably pulling 15A then the stat would switch it on and off as required so the overload wouldn't be a long duration.

There is no way 15A would blow a 13A fuse so feeding the oven via a plug top is OK then??

If that oven ever see's 15A it'll be a miracle!!! This is almost becoming a daily occurance on the Forum, of where sparks can't get it round their heads that these ovens are rated at ''connected load'' and that connected load is unlikely ever to be seen, because there are heating/cooking elements that cannot be utilised at the same time!!!

Some of the posts on this thread, clearly indicates that there is a lack of understanding whenever they come up against cookers, ovens, and split hob and oven set-ups. They still look at the total KW rating and start panicking, and up goes the size of the cable and the MCB rating, all to the cost of their customers.

This oven can go on an FCU with a 13A fuse, ....end of!!!

Reply to Oven on FCU? But what size fuse? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all We are hoping to upgrade our oven. We currently have a single integrated oven and a separate induction hob. Each has its own red switch...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'd like to seek your input on a matter. I'm in the process of designing the electrical connections for the following kitchen...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a vending hot drinks machine 2.9kW that has a thermostatically controlled hot water tank permanently attached to a water supply...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Back again after receiving great advice for the bathroom a few months back. This time I'm making a mess in the kitchen. We have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Recently a mate had a new kitchen fitted, he's gone for an induction hob and pyrolytic oven, no gas at the property. At 1st fix a single...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock