Search the forum,

Discuss panel choice 15 x solar world 265 or 14 ja solar 285. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

saggers

I've got some quotes and these 2 options have come up. Black mono panels I believe. I was set on the solar world originally but the layout with the 14 may look better for me. Lets assume the price is the same would I be silly not to go with the solar world's. I still got someone else to re quote with the ja solar so may be cheaper.

Thanks

No you would not be silly. It is down to cost v returns v risk.

i.e how much more is the cost? What is the production difference? (minimal I would suggest) and what company has stronger foundations? I wouldn't be worried about either. In short, all PV only manufacturers will face or are currently facing some difficulty. I'd be more interested in the installation and the inverter choice. Just my thoughts though.

I've got some quotes and these 2 options have come up. Black mono panels I believe. I was set on the solar world originally but the layout with the 14 may look better for me. Lets assume the price is the same would I be silly not to go with the solar world's. I still got someone else to re quote with the ja solar so may be cheaper.

Thanks

We did a job with JA Solar 285s a few weeks ago. They may have black frames but a white backsheet. Not sure whether that makes a difference. See photos. If you prefer "All-black", you need to look elsewhere.

100_9917.jpg100_9916.jpg

We did a job with JA Solar 285s a few weeks ago. They may have black frames but a white backsheet. Not sure whether that makes a difference. See photos. If you prefer "All-black", you need to look elsewhere.

View attachment 29711View attachment 29712

Thanks Whinmoor, thats helpful as when I seen photos of the above panels I was pursuming they were not the black ones. Did you have any photos showing the completed roof from ground level?

Just a quick one. Had a quote from someone who came out and even measured the roof. Hes proposed to use 16 of the 54 Cell JA solar panels that are rated at 250w. I don't quite have enough room to fit the full 165cm panels, but these measure at 150cm and will fit. Hes quoted for a growatt 3600mtl inverter. I am happy with price and have looked at a previous job which looks fine, tiles notched etc cables run neatly. Does this sound like a reasonable system to run.

Thanks

Just a quick one. Had a quote from someone who came out and even measured the roof. Hes proposed to use 16 of the 54 Cell JA solar panels that are rated at 250w. I don't quite have enough room to fit the full 165cm panels, but these measure at 150cm and will fit. Hes quoted for a growatt 3600mtl inverter. I am happy with price and have looked at a previous job which looks fine, tiles notched etc cables run neatly. Does this sound like a reasonable system to run.

Thanks

Growatt is about as cheap as they come. Hope you don't have a warranty issue with them as they are not the easiest to deal with.

Reply to panel choice 15 x solar world 265 or 14 ja solar 285. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net