Discuss Part P On-line Exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Here is an idea (getting back to the subject). Why don't they make it a qualification? This can be taught in with the 2330 l2 & L3 for new sparks and existing sparks just sign a contract type form saying they agree to adhere to these regs (i know it wouldn't be needed but hear me out). That way we can all say we are part p qualified and Joe public knows he has a qualified electrician and you don't have to sign up to any other scheme if you don't want or need to.... We just need one label like gas safe that everyone knows, a rating system to identify the different level of sparks and what they can and can't do.

Some sparks don't want to work in commercial or industrial though. There is also issues with finance and 3 year courses for adult learners. But would be good.

Hi
Just joined the forum. I have been a Domestic installer for some years now, am Part P registered and lecture at college on the Domestic Electrical Installers Course. A course that has been nicknamed "The Part P". We all know it is not Part P certification but some training companies are trying to pass it off as that.
It was put together by EAL and the Peart P service providers to allow those people who are not already in the trade, to have a chance of getting into it. ie there was no way they could get experience if they were not working electricians or working for a company that would train them. It then became apparent that unit 1 of the course would benefit all electricians, so I believe it is now going to be included in the service providers assessment. If you have the unit 1 cert you will not be asked the Part P questions evry year on your tech assessment. Thats the way I see it anyway. The course has been devised by the service providers and EAL/EMTA and lays down what areas and expertise has to be covered. It is quite comprehensive but I don't think anything will replace actual experience of the job its self. Hope this shines a bit more light onto it. Cheers Hec:confused:

Reply to Part P On-line Exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net