pir

Discuss pir in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cagedanimal2010

hi guys done a pir on a big ol' place recently, place is a mess, one of the things i noted was no main bond to water (well that i couldn't find it)! anyways im back there now making the place safe and me, owners, plumber, and builders cannot locate the incoming water! :confused: where do i go with this!?!
any ideas would be great guys!
cheers in advance!

Bit of a dilemma...I guess you would have no option but to take an educated punt at where it comes in and bond at the nearest accessible point.....As this may not be at the point of entry, which may mean an unbonded extraneous part, you should conduct continuity tests to other accessible mains water pipework,if satisfactory you should note on the cert the reasons for the deviation.....If not satisfactory I think you would have no choice but to main bond in other locations to ensure the service is covered at the point of entry.

If you cannot find it and do bond at the nearest possible point as stated check to make sure all other pipework is earthed using your continuity tester. It is vital that you state this in your test sheets as if something goes wrong in the future regarding the water main (electrically) that will be your saviour.

Reply to pir in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, you all helped me out recently when we had a water leak (mostly in kitchen ceiling), and my landlord's contractor was saying the household...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just to be clear, I'm not looking for advice on upgrading but rather just clarification of our existing setup. We need to upgrade the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, This has probably been asked many times before but just want to know others opinions. Just done an EICR and have found (or not found) any...
Replies
Views
Ok so the scenario is there is an old MICC or pyro 1.5mm 2 core cable supplying the garage run underground on a 16A circuit breaker that is RCD...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked before. I’m currently in a flat where the tenant queried the water bonding. There’s a 6mm green and yellow...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock