Discuss Pricing ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SensesFailYou

Hi guys currently pricing a job which consists of wiring the items below:

I think roughly the whole lot comes to around the 900 mark would you say thats too expensive for what it is? This is supply and fitted and im using information gained from here to get a general idea of what people charge. Roughly the gear comes to 320.00.

Quantity
Description
Total
Consumer Unit
Main protective Bonding (Gas/Water)
70-100
Lighting Points
25-30 each
Socket Outlets
35-40 each
Shower Circuit
120 each
Test Installation/Certification
£0.00

Many thanks SF

the question on my lips is...are you ringing the DNO or being a dare devil and accidently losing that seal?

£0.00 for the Test Cert that alone takes the best part of a day.

the question on my lips is...are you ringing the DNO or being a dare devil and accidently losing that seal?

£0.00 for the Test Cert that alone takes the best part of a day.

The Meter is being moved into the garage so ill aim to be there and all set on the day to pass them the tails with any luck! As for governing body im currently going through my NIC Approved contractor approval so i will have to get a friend registered with ELECSA to have a look in during the installation and to cert so i will probably have to add on £100 for that. But what i may do is contact the Local Council and inform them about my position with regards to the NIC and im being inspected soon so i will use that job as my inspection job, and see if this is acceptable on their side and also my NIC assessors side. If not which could more than likely be the case ill have to go down the original option. (Old boss certifying)

If you're getting inspected soon then use this job as what you show the inspector. You then have permission to wait on the notification until your registered with the NIC, providing you do it straight away with them when you get the chance.

its so hard this is the worst part of being self employed and not a veteran at doing so. I dont want to be too high where i don't get the job or customers think im "ripping them off, but then i dont want to be slogging my arse off for nothing. But then it goes back to the whole word of mouth thing, and needing the work for that to happen

There are two ways to price a job

1 what is it worth and am I competitive
2 can I make what I need to pay the bills

i know this doesn't help 1 is the right way to do it (BUT 2 is the reality)

It is really hard i have the total price after slight alterations at £1075. Seems alot but i know it is alot of work. Its just what other electricians are charging i guess as the customer (I would expect) will be getting other quotes. 1 is the option you would say as is it worth the hassle for the money. Im lucky in that i have steady work which i can come and go to but this wont last forever and need word of mouth a guess. Its a hard life isnt it haha

allow yourself 2 hours per socket, or light ( including switch) and see how your price compares, using the hourly rate you need at the moment?

Reply to Pricing ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net