Discuss Rcd Board with round knockouts in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

suffolkspark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, im having a mare trying to find a board that suits my requirements. Can anybody reccomend a sensibly priced off the shelf solution.

I sinlmply want a 100A 30mA upfront type A rcd.
10 usable ways (no size constraint so can be bigger)
ROUND KNOCKOUTS

So many now seem to have square knockouts and I've got lots of 20mm swa and 20mm conduit to bring in.

Hager either have square ko or no ko in that size. lewden all square knockouts, mk and Eaton seem to be type AC rcds.

Help

The Wylex board I had recently was all round holes on the sides/top/bottom (square on the back).

Do you really want a 30mA up-front? That seems a bit low for 10 circuits (though maybe they are all low-leakage ones).

The Wylex type A RCD one CEF stock is 80A so would have to look if they do it in 100A.

Last edited:
fit some galv trunking on top. SWA gland and conduit into that and tails into DB through square knockouts.

Yes, seems they do:

Are the axiom type A rcds? I'll have to check, wylex sounds like best contender, 80A incomer will suffice as it's a submain.

I dont wanna messabout with galv trunking etc just wannataje my nice 20mm items into nice 20mm holes
[automerge]1588782629[/automerge]
I have been speaking to hager technical and he didnt mention that, their catalogue is a nightmare

I think @telectrix solution is really by far the best, as very likely you won't have enough knock-outs of the size you want on one side.
need to check the depth of the box before the lid and if insufficient depth, space the trunking off by 1/8" or so.

It's all on show so want it to look good. Just looking for that on the shelf item that should exist
plenty room here for 20mm holes. easy drill as well:
1588783524122.png

The Wylex pages are not terribly great either. Here is the consumer catalogue:

It is dated Fed 2018 but seems to be the most current. Page 31 lists the RCDs they do, and they do both, but I don't know what type is in the pre-assembled board but one picture of it on-line shows the AC sort.

To specifically get that you might need to order a 13-way enclosure NM13ED6 separately from the RCD incomer like WRDS80/2 or WRDS100/2
[automerge]1588784981[/automerge]
Actually a quick look on the CEF site shows the NMRS1106LA which has the type A RCD included!
[automerge]1588785117[/automerge]
It is not listed in the PDF catalogue (Doh!) but is listed on the main company group web site:

Last edited:
Price here is quite competitive:

You might find your local trade outlet does better, but they might be closed just now!

The description is not great though:

The Wylex NMRS1106LA all metal consumer unit is fully compliant with Amendment 3 to BS 7671:2008. Supplied with 100A 30mA RCD isolator. The consumer unit can be populated with up to 11 RCBOs. The NMRS1106LA allows for total isolation of circuits and is the best choice to achieve an 18th edition installation and avoid nuisance tripping

A 30mA incomer is not going to be selective in any way with RCBO!
[automerge]1588785671[/automerge]
Hopefully lets you get the job done soon!

Reply to Rcd Board with round knockouts in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net