Discuss Should the frequency of the square wave and the sine wave be the same? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have spent 40 years debugging circuits at the prototyping stage, sometimes with many dozens of ICs. One gets drawn to particular errors that we all make. Floating inputs, outputs tied together, missing power connections, missing pullups, things shifted one hole along or in mirror image. Sometimes before you can even articulate what is wrong, you get a sense of 'there's an error around there somewhere' or 'that looks funny but it won't be that.'

I remember one night at uni, I had spent all afternoon and evening programming, and I couldn't debug a math routine. My good friend and expert programmer Richard popped by the lab, scanned the code and went straight to it - I had declared an array as a constant and later tried to use it as a variable. I realised later that not only had he come to it fresh, he automatically formed a clearer mental image of the data structure than I did myself and had a much better insight into its ramifications and in this case discrepancies.

Sometimes I find if I get stuck on a fault, is to sleep on it. Many a time the next morning, I go straight to it and find the problem.

Reply to Should the frequency of the square wave and the sine wave be the same? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi. I am off grid, UK. There is no grid tie or connection and there is currently no potential for connection. Background: I use a Honda EU10i for...
Replies
Views
D
Hi I'm new to this forum and only posting because I'm stuck and cannot answer it myself I have a 2001 transit jumbo mobile workshop. I have...
Replies
Views
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views
Q
Hi, I'm looking for some help and hoping I might find it here. I am a house owner with a 10Kva stand-by generator (40Amp / single phase). I had...
Replies
Views
qwest
Q
Please take some time to read through this. It is written by Widdler's father. I found it on a governement website.. It certainly speaks my mind...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock