Discuss Solar panel questionnaire in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mike1982

Hello am studying for a Quantity Surveying Degree at John Moores University and for my dissertation I am researching the effects on the solar panel industry the cut in the Feed in Tariff will have.

I was wondering if anyone who works in the industry could take 5 mins and answer a few questions. It wont take long at all and would really help me get this dissertation boxed off.

I've copy and pasted the questions below.

Your answers would be a big help to me!

thanks Mike

1) How long have you been working in the solar panel industry?

2) When the government announced the introduction of the Feed in Tariff Scheme of 43.3 pence per kilowatt hour on the 11[SUP]th[/SUP] April 2011 how did this effect demand for solar panel insulation?

3) Has the price of solar panel installation changed (increased or decreased) since the government introduced the Feed in Tariff Scheme and by how much?

4) Is the Feed in Tariff the main selling point for new customers?

5) Has the government’s announcement in October 2011 to reduce the feed in tariff rate by more than half to new customers who have not installed by March 2012 affected demand?

6)The energy minister, Ed Davy, says the rate of return on solar panels has exceeded 10% and the cut in the feed in tariff to give a return of around 4% is needed to stabilise the industry. Do you agree that a cut in the feed in tariff was necessary?

7)MP’s select committee have branded the decision to reduce the feed in tariff by more than half as “potentially fatal” for the solar panel industry. What are your predictions for the industry once the new legislation comes into force?

friday evening.... ale. saturday morning... hangover. think you have to be a bit patient, mate. as i am not involved in pv, my comments would not be as useful as one of the lads who is.

Mike
Contact the Solar Trade Association in London. They have a lot of information and may be able to help you with more factual data. Also read the DECC impact assessments for the consultations to see what their estimates of job loss and industry contraction are. Compare and weep.

Great document that solar king.

Nice one
Anyone feel free to PM me any answers if they dont want to put em on the public forum

thanks

I would love to help you out, but to be honest, the questions look like the DECC wrote them for you, it in my opinion does not reflect anything to do with the solar industry in its entirity but instead revolving around government policy.

I just knocked them up very quickly

It's only for a uni dissertation, just need something to go off, it's not an important document or anything

The dissertation is on the effect of the cut in the feed in tariff though so thats why the question are based around the governments policy

If you want just pick a question and PM any thoughts you have on it. Any help would be very very appreciated!

tbh, the problem is that if you're not prepared to put the effort in to the questions then I'm not prepared to put the effort in to answer them. Sorry.

ok. Knew this was a bad idea!

Managed to interview 4 people; 2 homeowners and 2 solar panel industry workers.

Cheers anyway

solar king thanks for the heads up on that document

Reply to Solar panel questionnaire in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net