• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss The Ring is dead, long live the Radial!⚡ in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

CLICK must be planning / looking at something that would make radials possible without having to use a 50 way D.B

My Son has just bought a 4 bedroom house in the U.S.A, it's got 3 D.B with a total of 58 circuits in them.
All sockets are on radials

Last edited:
The Ring is dead, long live the Radial!⚡
When wiring socket outlets do you:
1. Use ring final circuits
2. Use radial circuits

What a ridiculous, narrow minded question!

You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about!

Any half decent electrician uses both types of circuit, choosing whichever one best suits the particular installation they are working on.

It can't be an either/or question. There are questions of suitability....certainly in my opinion. Are Click bringing out a 'radial only' range?

'Prefer' rather than 'use', perhaps?.....but it's still suitability.

What prompts this statement?, please explain
Just thought it would be interesting to see what is being used most! :smile:
[automerge]1598436738[/automerge]
CLICK must be planning / looking at something that would make radials possible without having to use a 50 way D.B

My Son has just bought a 4 bedroom house in the U.S.A, it's got 3 D.B with a total of 58 circuits in them.
All sockets are on radials
No planning. Just looking at what you all think. There is no wrong answer! :smile:
[automerge]1598436851[/automerge]
It can't be an either/or question. There are questions of suitability....certainly in my opinion. Are Click bringing out a 'radial only' range?

'Prefer' rather than 'use', perhaps?.....but it's still suitability.
This is a very valid answer! Just a post to see what the majority say. Interesting to see if people do pick one of the other or whether they'd agree with your statement of it not being an either or question.

Last edited:
Just thought it would be interesting to see what is being used most! :smile:
Fair enough. Problem with your question is that both are used. It may be a preference or it may be designated.
I've no doubt, though, you'll succeed in getting a fair bit of attention with your 'question'.:)......especially if the 'anti ring brigade' catch on.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Problem with your question is that both are used. It may be a preference or it may be designated.
I've no doubt, though, you'll succeed in getting a fair bit of attention with your 'question'.:)......especially if the 'anti ring brigade' catch on.
Both is a perfectly valid answer too :smile:

I think a more searching question would be:
'Apart from selecting ring or radial socket-outlet circuits on their merits for the requirements of a particular installation, do you have a personal preference or dislike for one or the other on the basis of conceptual limitations, suspicions or gut feelings?'

I think a more searching question would be:
'Apart from selecting ring or radial socket-outlet circuits on their merits for the requirements of a particular installation, do you have a personal preference or dislike for one or the other on the basis of conceptual limitations, suspicions or gut feelings?'
Then most domestic's wouldn't understand what you're tawkin abaat...???? until they get to 'gut feelings';) :)

JOKE LADS!!...........Just quoted for a replacement CU.

Reply to The Ring is dead, long live the Radial!⚡ in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back