Discuss what code for a under sized armouring as a main bonding conductor in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

R4BOE

hi

what code do you think should be atributed to a 2 core SWA cable used as part of a Main bonding conductor the steel Csa equivelent required is 64mm sq and the current 2 core 25mm sq swa is a BS 6346 with a steel csa of 60mm sq

the above info on the required CSA is from the ESC technial manual

the installatrion is mid - late 1980's TNS copper equivelent required is 10mm sq

Last edited by a moderator:
hi

what code do you think should be atributed to a 2 core SWA cable used as part of a Main bonding conductor the steel Csa equivelent required is 64mm sq and the current 2 core 25mm sq swa is a BS 6346 with a steel csa of 60mm sq

the above info on the required CSA is from the ESC technial manual

the installatrion is mid - late 1980's TNS copper equivelent required is 10mm sq

Whats it bonded to?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

So straight from the armouring is a fly lead of some sort? What size is this? Have you.done an r2 test to see if your getting 0.05? Im swaying towards a C3.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

If this is for a EICR I would be looking at what size earthing conductor is needed for the premises by use of the adiabatic I would then only code it if the main bonding conductor was under sized as with it being TNS you might find that what is installed is sufficient IMO !

Reply to what code for a under sized armouring as a main bonding conductor in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net