Discuss what to do with this big unsightly junction box??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My contractor left me with this junction box hanging out of the wall in my kitchen. Presumably he intended for it to go in the upper cabinetry, but it is big, ugly, the armored cables are hard to maneuver and is currently placed to sit within the most useful lower shelf of the upper cabinets. 1) I dont want to give up that precious real estate 2) I dont want to see this ugly box. It is there to power the undercabinet lighting and undercabinet plug molds.

3f818a630fd1095b_5081-w500-h1067-b0-p0--.jpg

I was thinking:

1) I can open up the drywall and attach it to a stud, then cut a hole for the receptacle in the drywall this way I'll only have to deal with an outlet faceplate in the back of the cabinet

2) get it out of this ugly box and try to find a smaller profile junction box for inside the cabinet, but it still has to accommodate the two armored cables. Do such boxes exist?

3) lower it and attach it to the underside of the upper cabinets, using a nice little junction box like this, but how do I deal with the second armored cable he's got daisy chained off this one? Presumably these little junction boxes wont accommodate the two big cables? Are there any that do?

c91110190fd10e6e_6238-w500-h325-b0-p0--.jpg

Bazz Under Cabinet Junction Box

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd be much obliged!!!

i'd go with #1. bury cables in wall and flush mount the outlet fixed to a noggin. this will negate any need to alter the wiring.

Sharp padsaw or multi tool you could cut a nice square hole in the drywall in seconds.
it looks like the fixing bracket on the right side of the box screws directly to the wooden stud.
job done , bit of drywall adhesive to repair any minor damage afterwards.
job done

Reply to what to do with this big unsightly junction box??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net