Discuss which way around for the generation meter??? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

erf151an001

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Does the AC from the inverter connect to the load side of the meter or the supply side? I assume to measure the output of the panels it connects to the load side??

Apologies if this has been answered before/ stupid question

Regards

Erf

thanks

yes the generation meter. For some reason couldnt get my head around it!

So to clear it up, the output from the inverter i.e. the output from the panels connects into the supply side nof the generation meter then the load connection into the dedicated mcb in the consumer unit?

Thanks

Pretty much , not forgetting your appropriate isolation of course .

I am sorry to cut in on this are you certain that the inverter feeds the supply side and not the load , im sure ive read somewhere that the pv is always classed as load . any experts please clarify possibly with line diagram . Cheers

Jeff, the meter is there to measure the output of the inverter so the inverter has to be connected to the supply side. From left to right: inverter line, inverter neutral, neutral to consumer unit, line to consumer unit.

Definitely the correct information given here.

I know this as ours was wired up the wrong way round!!!

I contacted the installers after the 1st day when the meter reading hadn't changed and he suggested this would explain it. They came out straight away and corrected it but were amazed that their electrician had got it wrong as he's done many for them previously.

I guess it's just second nature for an electrician to think of the consumer unit as the supply side.

Reply to which way around for the generation meter??? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net